What's new

How to Hold the Shell

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The Kastom was to drink kava is in a coconut shell. I highly advise acquiring one as soon as possible.
The proper way to hold said shell is with both hands. One may ascribe a magical or mythic meaning to this practice, but it is ultimately pragmatic. When you're good and krunk, it is an excellent way of marshalling more motor control, so that one does not spill one's kava.
The reason we start doing this from shell one is social - we don't want to advertise our krunkness, nor do we want to advertise that we have not built sufficient reverse-tolerance. In the Kava Circle, all are considered equal.
Yes, we can say, "wow, I'm really feeling it" or we can say, "I'm not appreciating this like I normally do," but when one drinks the shell, one should not brag about one's lack of motor control or one's ability to still hold a shell and bring it to one's lips without spilling it.

So, remember, this is the proper way to hold a kava shell

Attachments

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
They don't have to worry about dropping the shell, because it's stuck to their hands with cement. If anything does fall on the floor, you can always say, "uhhh, that's for God. He eats off the floor. 5 second rule?"

blindy107

Kava Lover
Honestly I have to say I copied our dear friend @Kavasseur in one of his videos and it stuck! The three finger method used for dipping your shell into the grog and right to the face!

Looks something like this.
image.jpg

*may or may not be the Kavasseur*