What's new

How to prepare root chips?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
But @Ethan do you notice a difference between doing the chew and brew method and regular ?? I used my ninja.. didn't break luckily and got a fine powder but I still have a good half pound if not more of in root form.... swallowing it sounds nice ??? Why not do that again ???

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Anyone have any clue if its worth chewing this to make brew? i want to so long as its a different experience
Do it! I don't know if chewing up dry equates much to chewing freshing, but it's worth it for the experience at least once I think.
Plus OP seemed to be quite pleased with his results, just try to get a baseball sized wad or ~3 mouthfuls. ::ricky::

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I attempted last night but gave up but I will try again today cuz my kava won't get here till 4pm ish anyway ! Haha this root however is freaking amazing when powdered real fine and tossed into the aluball ... odd root. My first experience I drank alot in the morning and tweaked all the day. But yesterday I started drinking it later in the day and even up until I fell asleep! It knocked me out in fact lol, well along with a bunch of smoked herb

Ethan

Kava Curious
I attempted last night but gave up but I will try again today cuz my kava won't get here till 4pm ish anyway ! Haha this root however is freaking amazing when powdered real fine and tossed into the aluball ... odd root. My first experience I drank alot in the morning and tweaked all the day. But yesterday I started drinking it later in the day and even up until I fell asleep! It knocked me out in fact lol, well along with a bunch of smoked herb
Hey man, the chewing prep was only halfway effective in my opinion. I seemed to feel the kavalactone bliss while I was chewing the root , but not when I drank the actual grog. Hmm.. Very strange. How are you getting your ninja to powder it? I bought a new one just to try again lol. I have really I hopes for this root.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I just only use the smaller roots, there were a good amount in mine, and if not just rip up bigger chunks.. I stayed on the safe side using it and it created a nice powder