What's new

How to properly prepare.....

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Just one last thing, sorry to be asking so many things.
You see in the video how he took the bag away once he squeezed it, does that now all go in the trash??
Ask as many questions as you like! Once you've gotten all the ability of the root to turn the water opaque out of it, yes; it then goes in the trash. It might take several "washes," to get all the good stuff out; and some people even freeze it when it seems finished and make more batches with much larger amounts of used root and small amounts of water; but most of the time you aren't gonna get more than 2 or, sometimes, 3 washes out of your root without really working at it. (and, yes; not owning an aluball or a blender, Krunkie's 6 wash method sounds like work to me...I've been freezing makas, but so far haven't tried to do anything with them.)

Jason123098

Kava Curious
Ask as many questions as you like! Once you've gotten all the ability of the root to turn the water opaque out of it, yes; it then goes in the trash. It might take several "washes," to get all the good stuff out; and some people even freeze it when it seems finished and make more batches with much larger amounts of used root and small amounts of water; but most of the time you aren't gonna get more than 2 or, sometimes, 3 washes out of your root without really working at it. (and, yes; not owning an aluball or a blender, Krunkie's 6 wash method sounds like work to me...I've been freezing makas, but so far haven't tried to do anything with them.)
So, i will just keep squeezing it and keep putting water into the strainer over and over until no liquid comes out? How long can i keep the squeezed out liquid? days, weeks?
In fridge?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So, i will just keep squeezing it and keep putting water into the strainer over and over until no liquid comes out? How long can i keep the squeezed out liquid? days, weeks?
In fridge?
Prepared grog will keep 1 - 3 days in the fridge but you can freeze it and it will keep for many weeks, but once you thaw it out you have to drink it right away.

PS spent makas don't have to go in the trash, you can compost them :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So i have to use ALL the amount i put in the strainer is what your saying (the liquid extract that is). There is no 'oh i put to much in option, unless for saving in the fridge.
I am sorry, I really don’t understand the question. Makas are like old used tea leaves or coffee grounds except that they can be reused a few times, but after they are played out they go chucked.

Once the dried powder gets wet you do have to use it or freeze it, or it will start to rot eventually. It can keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours, though, but by then you should use it or freeze it or chuck it.

As for whatever grog you prepped you either have to drink it, refrigerate for consumption within one to three days, or freeze it for longer storage. Not sure what other options one could imagine.

Last edited:

Jason123098

Kava Curious
I am sorry, I really don’t understand the question. Makas are like old used tea leaves or coffee grounds except that they can be reused a few times, but after they are played out they go chucked.

Once the dried powder gets wet you do have to use it or freeze it, or it will start to rot eventually. It can keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours, though, but by then you should use it or freeze it or chuck it.

As for whatever grog you prepped you either have to drink it, refrigerate for consumption within one to three days, or freeze it for longer storage. Not sure what other options one could imagine.
Right,i get it sorry, lol so just wait for it to dry (the kavain the strainer then do what you want withit)

PS: Does kava have calories? (no milk or anything added). And thank you for being patient with me :)