What's new

*Insert anticipatory marketing product announcement here

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I joke about stopping by to "visit" all the time.

Edit: We need to follow @Señor Chuggs lead and have a Nashville session...right kapm? :D
I would really enjoy watching that. I would also not be opposed to participating remotely
We're making it from Vanuatu Borogu. A 2 gram serving will contain about 225 mg. of kavalactones. That's pretty comparable to a serving of moderately potent kava.
Your Borogu is easily one of my favorite kavas. Reliable, sexy, affordable.. its the Honda Civic of the BKH offering. It makes sense that Borogu would be the one you roll in to the shop.

Palmetto

Thank God!
@Bula Kava House have you tested the extract for the amount of flavokawains present? That seems to be a question many would like to know, but hasn't been answered for CO2 extracts, to my knowledge. For the water based extract, Borogu is noble, but who knows if the flavokawain level of the CO2 extract could potentially push it out of the noble category. I'm not trying to create controversy, just curious.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Bula Kava House have you tested the extract for the amount of flavokawains present? That seems to be a question many would like to know, but hasn't been answered for CO2 extracts, to my knowledge. For the water based extract, Borogu is noble, but who knows if the flavokawain level of the CO2 extract could potentially push it out of the noble category. I'm not trying to create controversy, just curious.
Have not tested it for flavokavains. I doubt they're extracted at a much different rate than kavalactones though. The extract is made with noble kava so I'm not really concerned. People regularly chug micronized kava and therefore ingest 100% of the flavokavains present. A product containing the amount of extract this one contains shouldn't really be a worry.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
This looks amazing :hungry: all that hard work dialing this in is soon to pay off, congrats!
@Bula Kava House what's the shelf life for this product? Will it need refrigeration?
I'd pre-order if I could!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
This looks amazing :hungry: all that hard work dialing this in is soon to pay off, congrats!
@Bula Kava House what's the shelf life for this product? Will it need refrigeration?
I'd pre-order if I could!
Thanks, my friend. Shelf life will be long. I haven't had it analazyed for an exact time, but all the ingredients are shelf stable. There's added citric acid which will extend it even further. I'd say it should safely stay useable for up to two years at room temperature.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity should know more.

As for micronised, gastric juices are unlikely to extract as much as co2 in my view, but in any case as your extract is made from noble, it shouldnt be an issue anyway
The effective polarity of supercritical CO2 can be tweaked to optimize KL extraction by changing the temperature and/or pressure. If that were done, I would assume it would somewhat reduce FK extraction, because something more polar than FKs (which are less polar than KLs) is optimized. But since the starting material is noble it really doesn't matter; there will be minimal FKs anyway, and IMO really nothing to worry about.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Bula Kava House Any way to preorder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post. No way to pre-order. Make sure you are on our mailing list. We'll send out an email when it's available. Be aware that this first release is somewhat limited, and I feel like demand will be quite high. Once you get the email, make sure to order quickly. I could see this first batch going within a few days. We will have a larger batch in a couple weeks in case you miss out.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Great idea on the tube. The jar extracts are a real pain in the ass and make quite a mess. I imagine the tube will be a whole lot more convenient which is why one buys and extract in the first place!

JohnPal716

Kava Curious
Wow!
As a big BKH fan I’m excited to try this stuff!! Not to mention that flavor sounds wonderful....

Anticipatorily (?!?),
JP