What's new

Its arrived...

TJo

Kava Curious
Good on ya Archer, I take Kava for Anxiety too, as do many others on this forum. I'm new to Kava aswell and I hope to see you around the forums in the future :)

Archer2Infinity

Kava Curious
How thick did you make it? I like mine more on the thick side than the watery side. That to me tells me it's strong enough and it's going to be a good session. :) Also how far apart are you spacing your shells?
I did about 400ml of water to about two tablespoons of kava so it felt a bit more on the the watery side. Wow, deffo felt the krunk after about an hour though! Started to slur my words at one point. And I drank two shells twenty mins apart.

All in all, I have a feeling this kava journey may be a step in the right direction once I get accustomed to dosages etc :woot:

Do you reckon one tablespoon will keep me melo but functional if I take it tomorrow morning? I'd like to feel the subtle lift people speak of.

Archer2Infinity

Kava Curious
Good on ya Archer, I take Kava for Anxiety too, as do many others on this forum. I'm new to Kava aswell and I hope to see you around the forums in the future :)
Nice to meet ya TJ :joyful: I have a feeling i'll be around this forum more often from now on. I hope we can both find relief very soon. Bula!

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I did about 400ml of water to about two tablespoons of kava so it felt a bit more on the the watery side. Wow, deffo felt the krunk after about an hour though! Started to slur my words at one point. And I drank two shells twenty mins apart.

All in all, I have a feeling this kava journey may be a step in the right direction once I get accustomed to dosages etc :woot:

Do you reckon one tablespoon will keep me melo but functional if I take it tomorrow morning? I'd like to feel the subtle lift people speak of.
yeah it definitely takes some trial and error to get it right, but that's also part of the fun. :) It sounds like you did it perfectly though. You could go lighter for a daytime session you can also do a second wash for daytime which will be lighter and maybe add a little bit of fresh root to it. :) Good luck. Sounds like you're really off to a great start. :) Bula! :)

Archer2Infinity

Kava Curious
yeah it definitely takes some trial and error to get it right, but that's also part of the fun. :) It sounds like you did it perfectly though. You could go lighter for a daytime session you can also do a second wash for daytime which will be lighter and maybe add a little bit of fresh root to it. :) Good luck. Sounds like you're really off to a great start. :) Bula! :)
Thanks Ibby, Bula! ::yay2::

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

That's a big yes to both of those.

And good thinking. You're on the right path.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast

Hi archer!
Is that medium grind you used or micro/instant? And was it in a strainer or alluball? Sounds like gd kava to get that krunk on 2 shells lol. I've just done 2oz and starting to warm up lol

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
For most people, Kava isn't a morning drink. Regardless of the strain, all of them have a relaxing/sedating effect, so if anything it's opposite coffee. I typically don't drink Kava (even on the weekends) before about 12 noon otherwise I'll lay around and not do too much all day. :D

Once you've consumed it for awhile, you'll find your sweet spot. Usually, I'm not interested in getting krunked every time like I did when I first discovered Kava. I drink enough to get good and relaxed, then kind of glide from there. Once you hit the Krunk zone, there's a fine line between feeling good and feeling nauseous. I'd rather be back from that line a bit, but that's just me.

Last edited: