What's new

I Love Kava Friday It's that day of the week again.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
BIRTHDAY-SURPRISE-VIDEO. This one is hard to NOT laugh at. There is english subtitles with it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
BIRTHDAY-SURPRISE-VIDEO. This one is hard to NOT laugh at. There is english subtitles with it.
Would you compare this show to Curb Your Enthusiasm ? Does the main guy always get in awkward situations even when he's trying to do good ?
I might have to watch this show. Also, "Good to see ya" "surprise party", do they mix in english phrases or are some of the words just similar in both languages ?

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Would you compare this show to Curb Your Enthusiasm ? Does the main guy always get in awkward situations even when he's trying to do good ?
I might have to watch this show. Also, "Good to see ya" "surprise party", do they mix in english phrases or are some of the words just similar in both languages ?
Yes, it's a show called "Klovn" from Denmark. People say that it is more bizarre and awkward than Curb Your Enthuiasm. It is very popular in Northern Europe and Germany, and it is getting more popular in The US aswell. The main guy, Frank gets in very bizarre and awkward situations all the time when he tries not to be a "clown". There are 5 seasons of the series and a movie called "Klovn: The Movie". In English "Klown: The Movie". There should be a second movie out in 2 months (where they visit Los Angeles), called "Klovn Forever". The movie is actually the most bizarre and awkward thing I have ever seen in cinema-history! But it's very funny. I can really recommend the movie and the series, even though I have heard that there are some americans that don't like it because it simply is TOO bizarre, sexual and awkward.

And: "surprise-party" is commonly used in Denmark for a surprise-party. We have our own word for it, "overraskelselsfest" - but "surprise-party" is a lot easier to use, so yeah :happy:

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
...I have heard that there are some americans that don't like it because it simply is TOO bizarre, sexual and awkward.
:happy:
Well, I'm sold, definitely going to give it a shot. I'm a fan of Larry David and Lars Von Trier, so this might be perfect. Thanks for sharing, it will be my new 'kava kneading show'.::tanoa:: :D