What's new

kava and pregnancy

lilmisschris

Kava Curious
Congratulations to you and your wife on #5... you should have some sort of soccer or baseball team before long ;)

I have several schools of thought on this. I think most of our parents got through their pregnancies without the myriad of warnings we have now. I know my mom smoked through her pregnancy, we both came out asthma free. I'd be willing to bet she had a few cocktails from time to time as well... they just didn't have all these warnings back then, to the extreme they are now. My mom's doctor told her to "cut back", and I do believe that after the first trimester she did quit. But there were no fish warnings, etc. I have 2 friends that are OB's and they both tell their pregger patients that if a glass of wine or champagne will calm their nerves, as long as it doesn't become a habit or more than a glass or two, they would be fine. I would be reading those specific studies about kava during stages and which stages. I would say that if she needed some to calm down, if done reasonably and responsibly, and stuck with instant or GHK's micro, she would likely be fine , as would baby. But I'm not a doctor, and that's just my thought. Having watched my neighbor do VERY illicit drugs every day (I was the one keeping an eye on her other 4 kids because she wasn't), and then one day finding out she was 8 months pregnant (still don't know how that happens), and delivering a baby in her bathroom (again... I live in crazy town), she had a perfectly healthy baby girl who is 5 now, she wasn't born addicted and had no problems with the exception of being slightly underweight. So my non expert opinion, the right kava, in moderation could provide some calm to different parts of pregnancy. It's a choice, and one you have to look into... but there are doctors now that are of the school that if it's in moderation, and not harmful to your non-pregnant body, it should be okay for your pregnant body and baby. Either way, good luck and happy happy baby news!!! Congrats!!

lilmisschris

Kava Curious
SO sorry for that ramble!! Doc gave me 2g lorazapam before a procedure this morning and my mind is swimming with thoughts...

rcvjohn

Kava Curious
Hah, well... My wife and I eat what is often referred to as "primal" ... for explanation see marksdailyapple.com
It's like a moderate paleo but a bit more cheese!
We feel great. But I love creating art with food. Music and food are my love languages. Maybe we'll have to start a krunk recipe forum.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Dude, some time down the road, youl have to give me some of your "lady pleasing" recipes. That's just another club in the old golf bag. I least give me your "lady killer" recipe and it doesn't have to have chocolate though it probably helps. :ROFLMAO:
This recipe works every-time for me:
Wink.gif

Ingredients:
2 dozen Gara rufa (doctor fish)
5 gallons warm water
2 female feet​

Preparation:
Place fish in water
Then place bare feet in water for 15 minutes (or until done)
Reap many happiness rewards afterwards
eyebrows.gif

lilmisschris

Kava Curious
Hah, well... My wife and I eat what is often referred to as "primal" ... for explanation see marksdailyapple.com
We feel great. But I love creating art with food. Music and food are my love languages. Maybe we'll have to start a krunk recipe forum.
I've been Paleo for a while... on occasion adding cheese :) Good times indeed, especially for foodies!!

blindy107

Kava Lover
This is the latest lady killer in my house. Fiancé is ravenous for it.

You can see her at the end of video.....::awesomesmiles::::awesomesmiles::

R

Rookietwoshoes

I was about to consider making some of that tonight , dude. Love eggs and asparagus

blindy107

Kava Lover
I do asparagus and bacon. I cut the asparagus super thin like a green onion. I do French style omelettes where you sauté ingredients then add egg to make it more like soufflé I guess. Sometimes I add homemade hollandaise. My heart is weeping...

R

Rookietwoshoes

How did soft boiled slide out of the shell so easily ? Mine never come out like that no matter how hard I try ...

blindy107

Kava Lover
It's the immersion circulator I'm sure. The way it cooks is to bring food to the exact temp of doneness you want. So it doesn't overcook. The time is second to the temp whereas normal cooking the opposite is true.

So if you want medium rare steak you cook to medium rare temp which is 132 or so. You can leave it for 45 minutes up to 2-3 hours and it stays at medium rare. The temp/ doneness is consistent throughout. Grilling or pan cooking you are at 300 degrees or more so you have a limited time to leave it on before it overcooks. It's amazing.

Here is steak the other night. Just seared after to get a crust.
image.jpg

R

Rookietwoshoes

Oh my gosh. I'm speechless (...a rarity, I know)
Seriously. That's incredible.