What's new

Kava Bars - How do they make Kava?

Crunked

Proselytizer
Does anyone know if Kava Bars use some sort of machinery to make kava on a daily basis. I assume it would not be feasible to have a horde of high school drop-outs out the back mixing and kneading all day. But if I'm wrong about that, any openings?;)

infraredz

BULA!
I know the one in SD makes theirs in "an inversion blender" and that's pretty much all that was said about it. I would guess that blenders and industrial juice presses are probably the preferred method due to the ease and simplicity although I wouldn't rule out that some use the traditional method on a large scale.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
http://www.goodnature.com/Juice_Equipment/Juice_Presses/goodnature-x1-commercial-juice-press.php We don't use that big feeder thing on top. We soak and blend two gallons at a time then squeeze using the press. We then re-wet the root with the kava we just made and run it through one more time.

We also make a small batch once or twice daily that we call "Hand Squeezed". It's made with a ton of root and a lot of kneading and squeezing. It's quite a bit stronger and we charge more for a shell.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Quote removed due to privacy request
Miss my post above? We have a kava bar too, so straight from the horse's mouth. Message me if you'd like more info. You wouldn't need to buy a large machine like the one we use if just for a supplementary kava drink at your coffee shop.