What's new

Kava Census 2 Brainstorming

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Using teaspoons or tablespoons with micro or instant can be wasteful or at least confusing. It's best to invest $10 in a digital scale and know exactly how much kava you need/use.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I will see if I can figure that out. It will be a little tricky to allow for it in terms of the form software.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The first question doesn't tell us much as I imagine that nearly all regular kava drinkers HAVE consumed kava at least once with somebody else (their mother, wife, husband or cat). But the second one is very good. That's exactly what we want to know. How many people drink it solo and how many do it the island-style, i.e. with other people..
Maybe this would be better phrased as "Have you ever consumed kava (socially) with another kava drinker", ".. other kava drinkers". I have consumed it "with" my wife and daughter, but the wife thinks it's gross, and won't try it, and the daughter is too young to try it (although I'm sure the ensuing yuk-face would be hella cute)

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Using teaspoons or tablespoons with micro or instant can be wasteful or at least confusing. It's best to invest $10 in a digital scale and know exactly how much kava you need/use.
We are on the same page. Is it a level, rounded, or heaping teaspoon? When you are talking about tablespoons, quarter-cups, half-cups, etc, now you are widening the margin of "error."

verticity

I'm interested in things
I will see if I can figure that out. It will be a little tricky to allow for it in terms of the form software.
You could make it so they can select tablespoons or grams. Put a radio button in front of the list of tablespoon numbers, and have a similar list for number of grams that would be mutually exclusive.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
People go with the spoons and cups because they are easy. Perhaps a change could be made to get people to level their spoons off with a knife. Even though I like the idea of getting a scale and consider it the best idea, I don't think it will catch on. I have a scale but it's not digital.