What's new

Liver enzymes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Are you ok? Just checking in saw this was like hell no, I don't personally care enough about my liver to not drink kava.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Are you ok? Just checking in saw this was like hell no, I don't personally care enough about my liver to not drink kava.
Well I’m not turning yellow so that’s a good sign! I won’t know for a week or so when I do lab tests again if these liver herbs are working. The herbs do seem to be helping menstrual symptoms. Unintended benefit, but I’ll take it! They must be doing something anyways.

I learned online that active people should conpared their GGT enzyme with the AST and ALT. I think it’ll be ok. We’ll see what the new labs say and what the new doctor says.
I did stop kava for a few days, but had some yesterday for pain. I figured it was better for my liver than an optiate or Tylenol at this point. Hopefully this entire thing will just go away with the liver herbs, hydration and healthy food.

Bastion

If a 99lb girl eats 1lb of nachos, she is 1% nacho
Low fat and vegan.

Are there any foods you added to your diet since becoming low fat/vegan? Are you eating prepackaged/prepared foods?
What does your diet look like on a day to day basis?

Were you experiencing any discomfort before seeing the doctor? Did you receive a second opinion?

Are you familiar with elimination protocols? Basically the idea is, you remove foods that could potentially bother you.
The most common foods that could cause an immune response are
  • Gluten
  • Dairy
  • Soy
  • Refined/added sugar
  • Peanuts
  • Corn
  • Alcohol
  • Eggs

You can do it without a doctors assistance. You need a pen, a notebook and a little bit of patience.
You can remove all those foods at once and slowly add them back one at a time OR if you have a suspicion about certain foods, you can remove them and see how you feel.

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend finding a functional medicine doctor who will seek to find the cause of your elevated liver enzymes. They will do this with the full battery of lab tests available and a complete whole body approach. You can work with one online or you can find one near you.

Hope you feel better

Cheers

N

Noname

Milk thistle is a very powerful liver detoxer. Get organic milk thistle powder. Has other health benefits too.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hi! I’m actually all better now.
Liver swelling is gone and still drinking kava. Had an exam at my doctor’s office and it turned out to be my vitamins even though I wasn’t taking an unreasonable amount. Due to my ME/CFS my body just can’t process them it turns out. I don’t have new lab results to post still but feel a ton better and no more pain. Also, the doctor confirmed that my liver swelling is gone.

Huzzah!

tallguy

Kava Curious
Hi! I’m actually all better now.
Liver swelling is gone and still drinking kava. Had an exam at my doctor’s office and it turned out to be my vitamins even though I wasn’t taking an unreasonable amount. Due to my ME/CFS my body just can’t process them it turns out. I don’t have new lab results to post still but feel a ton better and no more pain. Also, the doctor confirmed that my liver swelling is gone.

Huzzah!
Had you undertaken any sort of very physical program when your numbers started to climb?

Status
Not open for further replies.