What's new

My hands are 90 Years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I am getting a complex thinking I am greasy or something because I don't get much dermo at all :). Some dry eyes from time to time. A little itchy if I drink too much micro. I don't wear gloves to prep or anything.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I use a potato masher. I don't usually mix up a whole lot at once so the masher works really good for up to 3tbsps of root. I've never tried beyond that amount

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nitrile gloves will keep your hands from drying out due to traditional prep, but my hands look 80 years old and I use gloves. Something about the arms and legs tend to get dermo faster than other parts.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I recon I am one of the lucky ones here. Had oily skin for most of my life and I can barely tell any difference. Being an expert on my corpse, I can see some changes on my skin that others would miss. That being said its all a balance as too much of a good thing makes me eyes a bit itchy and juicy!

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
I also feel kinda lucky since my hands always have been dry, and I don't think kava makes that big a difference. I have always kept a good moisturizer in my pocket, since I need this every hour or so, lol. The only difference I can feel is dry eyes, which is kinda annoying.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Omg me too!!! I moisturize constantly and drink 100+ oz of water a day, always wear gloves when I'm kneading and still....
:eek:100+ oz! And that's in addition to your normal intake! Heck if I did that I wouldn't need feet, I could just roll everywhere!:shameshame:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Get oily brah.

I used to have an issue but haven't at all the last few months. We shall see once winter arrives!

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I had that something terrible a few weeks ago - papery old skin on the back of hands and arms. This was after months of daily drinking . For me, the only way to get rid of it, when it comes, is to stop kava for a week or so, which I was able to manage as I had to work long days and evenings for a couple of weeks.
My hands are now glowing youthfully, the skin bursting with collagen, and in perfect condition for some more kava prep.

winder

Kava Curious
If you don't mind looking ridiculous for 20-30 minutes a day, pick up a pair of gel-lined moisturizing gloves. Lotion up (with some serious hand-repair lotion), slip the gloves on, repeat every night (or whenever you have the time.) Been doing that this past week and it's really helping with the super-dry and cracked skin on my fingers. They make similar socks for your feet, too.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol megan are hands are almost the same !
The backs of mine are starting to crack hahahh. I wash dishes alot too so it's even worse I feel , I can't keep lotion on my hands very long before it has to be washed off anyway! Lol craaaaazzy. I PEE ALOT too haha

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
I've had a lot of the kava side effects. Dry rash on my sides and back, dry lips, and now dry hands! Like crazy dry. The other side effects have sort of gone away on their own. I'm hoping the dry hand thing will clear up on it's own.

For the record, I drink a LOT of water! It's all I drink other than one cup of coffee a day. I'm also a vegetarian and eat mostly fruits and vegetables. Not much grease in those, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.