What's new

My kava journey w/ GHK - Reverse Tolerance - day by day

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Just starting the same path as you. Last night was my first try, thought I'd try the Kava colada recipe... oh my what a mistake that was, tasted like I stuck a dirty old coconut air freshener in my mouth.
If you find something that mixes well without hitting the gag reflex, please let me know!
I think tonight I'll try straight, just so I know what the base tastes like, then decide what it can mix into to make more pleasant.
I'm still experimenting, but I think I have found the perfect way to make kava taste good. I bought some Kalm with Kava Concentrate. Put that in a glass with some really cold water and mix in my instant or mirco or prepped root with it and drink. The Concentrate is sweet but really helps to kill the awful kava flavor. Plus the Concentrate itself has kava in it, so you're getting a little extra bonus kick from that too. ::happyshell::

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Just starting the same path as you. Last night was my first try, thought I'd try the Kava colada recipe... oh my what a mistake that was, tasted like I stuck a dirty old coconut air freshener in my mouth.
If you find something that mixes well without hitting the gag reflex, please let me know!
I think tonight I'll try straight, just so I know what the base tastes like, then decide what it can mix into to make more pleasant.
Just chug each shell's worth in one go. Then chase it with a bite of fruit if you need to.

I can't see mixing it or masking it. Just take it FULL ON!

Casper

Kava Curious
I failed... my canuck to merika conversion was a tad off. I was using my 16oz beer mug (thought it was 8oz). That was a lot of extra muddy coconut water to be drinking. Think the term is cruel and unusual punishment.

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 7:
Dosage:
Took 2 overflowing tablespoons of GHK Micro MOI (1 hour ago)
Experience: still have RT. No effects, feel a little dizzy (not the heady feeling) when walking, not a fun experience. I forgot to get a different drink to mix this with, I had to use orange juice again. Oh man i get a sick feeling just thinking about the taste, i hate it so much. I wonder why on day 3 I felt something but nothing on days after. This time I'm just chillin out listening to music trying to take it easy, but its still nothing.
Food intake: Ate porkchops & spaghetti at 6pm, kava at 10:00pm
Side effects: a little dizzy.

PS:Found my new every day vape flavor today, Hug Juice by Mt.Baker Vapor. if you vape.. you gotta try this..

Bert07

Me like da kava
Keep on truckin' red. You'll hit that sweet spot eventually. It could take you another week or two for anything drastic to happen.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
It's cool watching the progression, I love how faithfully you've returned to do the update. It's my favorite blog at the moment. :-D

I'll echo what Bert said, hang in there @redstar. The truth is out there. :-D

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 8:
Dosage:
Took 2 overflowing tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (last night)
Experience: still have RT. No effects, feel a little dizzy (not the heady feeling) when walking, not a fun experience.
Food intake: Ate chicken 6pm, kava at 10:30pm

PS: I tried mixing it with a strawberry & banana smoothy drink i bought from walmart, and it was so gross because it was very thick. I was forced to go back to my orange juice for the 2nd scoop, but i used the smoothy as a chaser and that was okay because i didnt have the lingering taste afterwards. I REALLY need something better to mix this with, for some reason the taste is getting worse for me, its like my body knows all this has been doing is causing negative effects and with the horrible taste my body just doesn't want me to consume this.

I think I might try pineapple juice tomorrow. and if that doesnt work ima just say fuck it and put them in capsules because i have a capsule machine for my nootropics. ill just have to swallow like 10 capsules.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I've had good luck with diet ginger ale (with a blast of lemon) and with low-cal grapefruit juice.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Day 8:
Dosage:
Took 2 overflowing tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (last night)
Experience: still have RT. No effects, feel a little dizzy (not the heady feeling) when walking, not a fun experience.
Food intake: Ate chicken 6pm, kava at 10:30pm

PS: I tried mixing it with a strawberry & banana smoothy drink i bought from walmart, and it was so gross because it was very thick. I was forced to go back to my orange juice for the 2nd scoop, but i used the smoothy as a chaser and that was okay because i didnt have the lingering taste afterwards. I REALLY need something better to mix this with, for some reason the taste is getting worse for me, its like my body knows all this has been doing is causing negative effects and with the horrible taste my body just doesn't want me to consume this.

I think I might try pineapple juice tomorrow. and if that doesnt work ima just say fuck it and put them in capsules because i have a capsule machine for my nootropics. ill just have to swallow like 10 capsules.
Have you tried grape gator aide? I don't like all the sugar in it but I only use it as a kava chaser.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Best chaser for kava hands down I've ever had, egg nog (w/o alcohol obviously). Stuff has so much sugar in it, and somehow it makes the kava aftertaste seem like an peppery spice that was just thrown in there along with the nutmeg and cinnamon and whatever.

redstar

Kava, Kava
thanks for the tips guys, I dont drink dairy so eggnog is out, I tried grape use and that was horrible, but i guess it might be different with grape gatoraid, and about the ginerale, i really dont like ginerale just by itself, but if all fails ill give it a try.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I always have a chaser aside when downing brew. The sweeter the better. The same thing I find with mixing an instant or micro. It somehow lessens the intensity of the taste, especially the bitterness. I usually use an Ocean Spray or Adam and Eve juice.

muzzled dogg

Kava Curious
May want to try using less water. Taste is not noticeably worse unless you drink extra diluted grog but if you were doing that you probably wouldn't be complaining about the taste

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Personally, i take a big breath, and chug it down with no breathing between chugs. After I get it down, I catch my breath by breathing through my mouth, and not my nose. Don't breathe through your nose until you've had a chaser.

I can close off my sinus cavity without pinching my nose shut, kind of like when diving into a pool and being underwater for a few seconds. I do that exactly, until I've chased the kava away. I even take a few breaths afterwards without using my nose. This way, all I get is the texture, and no taste.. The majority of taste comes from olfactory sesnses. The physical sensation of taste i.e. spicy, hot ,cold, sweet, sour, tart,thick, runny, clumpy, comes from the tongue. I just don't use my nose throughout the chugging process

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Personally, i take a big breath, and chug it down with no breathing between chugs. After I get it down, I catch my breath by breathing through my mouth, and not my nose. Don't breathe through your nose until you've had a chaser.

I can close off my sinus cavity without pinching my nose shut, kind of like when diving into a pool and being underwater for a few seconds. I do that exactly, until I've chased the kava away. I even take a few breaths afterwards without using my nose. This way, all I get is the texture, and no taste.. The majority of taste comes from olfactory sesnses. The physical sensation of taste i.e. spicy, hot ,cold, sweet, sour, tart,thick, runny, clumpy, comes from the tongue. I just don't use my nose throughout the chugging process
That's exactly how I've been drinking kava this whole time. No breathing through the nose = no vile taste. It's the not-so-secret perfect way of consuming kava.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Day 5:
Dosage:
Took 2 tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (Last night)
Experience: still have RT. No affect whatsoever, I was reading up on nootropics so I didn't relax at all. But I had no desire to with such interesting information. If your looking for something to give you better concentration, wit, and overall increase your IQ look into "Noopept" with "L-theanine & Alpha-GPC" to boost affects. I spent 12+ hours researching those.
Food intake: Ate cheeseburger at 6pm, kava at 10:30pm (same as previous day I know)
Side effects: none.
I can confirm that L-theanine can boost / reintroduce a kava buzz. I ususally take one of these : Amazon productbefore a kava session, and sometimes another when the kava fun is starting to wear off.