What's new

Powdered Kava Review Nambawan

Bwiggy

I like plants
Notes: I drank half of the first wash, during the 20 min. wait, I drank some hot tea. I drank the rest of the first wash, drank a hot cup of tea while waiting 20 min. Same game for the second wash. I got tired - after three shells - and ate something spicy.
Basically I consumed a wash and a half from 3 tablespoons + almond milk.

Effect review:
It was a lovely gentle kava lift I'd say.
I need to be up early and welcomed the kava relaxation. I went to be early.
I felt awake but relaxed and had the most vivid dreams. It really felt like I was there. I was aware of choosing the kinds of dreams I wanted to have.
I've never experienced anything like this before. I was so present.

I know others consume more than me, so maybe I'm not doing enough in one session. I'm about 135 and drink kava at least 3 -4 times a week.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Thanks for the review, @Bwiggy. I'm glad you liked the way it made you feel, but I'm a little surprised you didn't find it more potent. People online and at the kava bar almost always say it's one of the strongest they've ever had. I'd say give it another shot and come let us know if anything was different. Kava is so fickle. What you've eaten, what you eat after, how you're feeling otherwise, caffeine intake, etc.

Thanks again!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
@Steve Mariotti I'm Jealous!!

How long after you do kava do you eat something?
I usually don't eat for at least 4 hours before. Usually I drink kava around dinner time, before I eat dinner but after a good lunch.
After starting to drink kava, I may eat about 3 hours into it, or I may just skip dinner as I get less hungry after drinking kava.

Bwiggy

I like plants
@Steve Mariotti - do you limit caffeine on your kava days? I wonder how much effect that has.
I love food but it seems to reduce the kava effects and increase my desire to go to sleep.