What's new

New kava enthusiast here!

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
Aloha everyone! My name is Charlie and I’m from Minnesota, I’ve been enjoying kava for about a month now. So far I’ve been experimenting with a few different kava products and I’m absolutely loving every minute of it, I’ve even gotten a few of my friends to enjoy kava with me as well! I want to learn as much as I can about this amazing root and I’m glad I found this forum :)
Good vibes to all

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Aloha everyone! My name is Charlie and I’m from Minnesota, I’ve been enjoying kava for about a month now. So far I’ve been experimenting with a few different kava products and I’m absolutely loving every minute of it, I’ve even gotten a few of my friends to enjoy kava with me as well! I want to learn as much as I can about this amazing root and I’m glad I found this forum :)
Good vibes to all
Welcome aboard!

Glad to have another kava lover among the ranks ;)

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
Welcome! I am in MN also. Kava drinking in this deep freeze coming up is going to be tricky. I got a space heater ready!
Glad to hear there’s other kava drinkers in MN, good thinking with the space heater by the way! Those really come in handy around here. That reminds me, Does anyone know if there’s a name for kava drinkers?

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I don't think there is. And that is for the better. There are enough labels for people. Be careful drinking a lot of kava in the winter. My hands are like sandpaper :p

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Glad to hear there’s other kava drinkers in MN, good thinking with the space heater by the way! Those really come in handy around here. That reminds me, Does anyone know if there’s a name for kava drinkers?
Others on the forum have amicably referred to themselves and others as "kavanauts" before, not sure that I've heard others though. :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Good vibes to all
Welcome to the tribe! You must avail to us your secret knowledge of getting friends to try and enjoy kava. So far Mrs. Zaphod is the only person who I have ever fully converted (mostly just from watching me wind down each evening without booze). A few others have tried it but none have stuck with it long term, and most have just gone back to their previous vices. These days I still talk about it, but my proselytizing days are over due to low acceptance overall.

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
Others on the forum have amicably referred to themselves and others as "kavanauts" before, not sure that I've heard others though. :)
Thanks for letting me know! I like the sound of kavanauts, I’ve also heard the term kavaholics but I feel that just sounds too negative so I’m glad there’s other terms

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
Welcome to the tribe! You must avail to us your secret knowledge of getting friends to try and enjoy kava. So far Mrs. Zaphod is the only person who I have ever fully converted (mostly just from watching me wind down each evening without booze). A few others have tried it but none have stuck with it long term, and most have just gone back to their previous vices. These days I still talk about it, but my proselytizing days are over due to low acceptance overall.
Thanks for the warm welcome! so far I’ve converted two of my friends. The first one wasn’t too hard, we just made a few strong kalmakazis at his house and once he felt the effects he was on board after that. As for my other friend, he’s my coworker and was a little more skeptical, but curious enough to ask for kava mints and gummies every now and then. After a while he started asking me to make flavored kava drinks, and now we kick back with some traditional grog just about everyday at work and listen to beach music :)

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
I don't think there is. And that is for the better. There are enough labels for people. Be careful drinking a lot of kava in the winter. My hands are like sandpaper :p
Thanks for the tip! I’ll make sure to drink in moderation and moisturize and exfoliate