What's new

New kava enthusiast here!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Aloha everyone! My name is Charlie and I’m from Minnesota, I’ve been enjoying kava for about a month now. So far I’ve been experimenting with a few different kava products and I’m absolutely loving every minute of it, I’ve even gotten a few of my friends to enjoy kava with me as well! I want to learn as much as I can about this amazing root and I’m glad I found this forum :)
Good vibes to all
Bula!

Chill Charlie

Kava Curious
Just based on what I've gathered from being around here for a while. Avoid the following :

Cheap kava
Tudei kava
Consuming Medium grind kava root powder, without kneading or straining it.
Excessive use
Daily, long-term use without taking breaks
Thanks for the tips! I’m learning so much! : )

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That’s good to keep in mind. How can I minimize internal dry skin?
@Krunky mentioned this above but if I get any dry skin at all I start taking coconut oil capsules daily and it sorts it out pretty quickly.

Sticking to instant or well strained medium grind will minimise this anyway. A looser strainer will give more sediment which will give better effects but you tend to get more dry skin and more nausea. You're probably still working out the variables anyway like strainer size and whatever. Play around with different things and see how it changes the effect.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
@Krunky mentioned this above but if I get any dry skin at all I start taking coconut oil capsules daily and it sorts it out pretty quickly.

Sticking to instant or well strained medium grind will minimise this anyway. A looser strainer will give more sediment which will give better effects but you tend to get more dry skin and more nausea. You're probably still working out the variables anyway like strainer size and whatever. Play around with different things and see how it changes the effect.
Just to add one rather obvious discovery I personally made on this. I eat tonnes of coconut oil, at least 40 grams per day.

First 8 months of my kava experience, I had no dermopathy issues.
By mid 2020, not surprisingly and surely not unique to me, my general kava consumprion had risen from say, 35-50 grams per day, to 45-75 grams.

Not before long, fairly major dermopathy sympmtoms flared up.

Nothingbserious in itself. Just irritating, iterally. As per text book, dry, itchy, flaky skin all over.

I have never been prone to any sort ofbskinmproblems prior to that in my 40 years by then.

I found if I maintained the higher consumption level, the more kava Imused, the more intense were the skin symptoms.

And vice versa, if I reduced to say, 40 grams max for two or three days, the symproms settled down.

Recently, I have had a pretty high consumption level. 50-70 grams many day a week, weeks on end, but without the dermopathy.

My coconut oil consumption has possibly been slightly higher.

But in my mind, the dermopathy is in indication of one primary thing- dehydration.

I was very dehydrayed, in general, when I had those symptoms.

Im a bit dehydrated atm, but for recent months my hydration level has been much better.

And the level of kava consumption which triggeredvthe big flare up before, has not done so.

I strongly believe now that kava dermopathy is most heavily related to overall bodily hydration status.