What's new

New Tongan Kava and Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey guys. I'm sure most of you are subscribed to our newsletter. If not, go sign up, but you missed some news. We have two single cultivar Tongan Kavas available. They're called Kula and Akau, which are their true local names. I'm really excited because these are really amazing, and it's super difficult to get single cultivar kava from Tonga that doesn't have stems included. You guys are gonna love this kava. We're also offering a micro version of 'Eua, but we have very little of that right now, and it's going quick. You can see more information on the blog: https://blog.bulakavahouse.com/2017/05/19/tongan-kavas/
We're also offering a discount on Kula, Akau, and we just went ahead and threw in Borogu, and Taveuni Waka. It's $5 off 1 or 2 lbs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Judd

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. I'm sure most of you are subscribed to our newsletter. If not, go sign up, but you missed some news. We have two single cultivar Tongan Kavas available. They're called Kula and Akau, which are their true local names. I'm really excited because these are really amazing, and it's super difficult to get single cultivar kava from Tonga that doesn't have stems included. You guys are gonna love this kava. We're also offering a micro version of 'Eua, but we have very little of that right now, and it's going quick. You can see more information on the blog: https://blog.bulakavahouse.com/2017/05/19/tongan-kavas/
We're also offering a discount on Kula, Akau, and we just went ahead and threw in Borogu, and Taveuni Waka. It's $5 off 1 or 2 lbs.

Judd
Hi
@Bula Kava House

Do you have chemotypes and kavalactone % values for these kavas? Interested in the difference between the two Tongans.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@JonT The chemotypes are listed in Lebot's book. Of course chemotypes can vary a bit due to various factors. We sent off samples to the lab last week, so we'll have the specifics probably in the next couple days. I'll report back.

@ThePiper They're two completely different cultivars. The both have that awesome Tongan headiness, but the Kula is a little more balanced for me. I'm partial to the Akau myself, but they're both among the best kavas I've had in a very long time. I'm so stoked on these.

Enwoueï

Kava Curious
Hi Judd, it seems that BKH will ship 1/2 lb to Canada only through USPS Priority at $24.

How about using more affordable USPS First Class which is also tracked?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Enwoueï The issue has always been packaging and our shipping software. We use Priority Flat Rate boxes and envelopes. The shipping supplies are provided by USPS, which is a really big deal. I don't think they'd provide boxes and envelopes for First Class. Also, our shipping software is kind of limited. I haven't checked to see if they've updated it recently, but previously First Class wasn't an option. I'll see if anything has changed.

Keep in mind that although a half pound ships for $24, so does 2 lbs. Kava keeps for a long time.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
@JonT The chemotypes are listed in Lebot's book. Of course chemotypes can vary a bit due to various factors. We sent off samples to the lab last week, so we'll have the specifics probably in the next couple days. I'll report back.

@ThePiper They're two completely different cultivars. The both have that awesome Tongan headiness, but the Kula is a little more balanced for me. I'm partial to the Akau myself, but they're both among the best kavas I've had in a very long time. I'm so stoked on these.
Hi @Bula Kava House did you score any results yet? Cheers

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@JonT I have all the microbiological results but they're taking their sweet time with the kavalactone results. I'll have them by the 1st.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
They're both very nice . The Kula has a bit more body/muscle relaxation. Potent enjoyable Tongan root.

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered a pound of the kula, I haven't had a Tongan kava in years, thanks for the discount
By the way, how soon until the leka hina is available?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I ordered a pound of the kula, I haven't had a Tongan kava in years, thanks for the discount
By the way, how soon until the leka hina is available?
Thanks for the order. You'll love it. I can't believe how good all this Tongan kava I've been able to secure is.

The Leka Hina is very special and should be available in the next week or so. It's a step apart from our other kavas so the packaging is different and is still being finalized. I've got it on hand though so it'll be ready to go once all that is sorted.

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava

Judd
How do you go about getting the $5 discount along with the free goodies? Also, do I have to purchase 1# of both to get the $5 discount and free goodies, or just 1# of either choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.