What's new

New User - So many questions

Ben Morris

Kava Curious
Should I be just doing a cup a day or several cups a day? I felt a lot less today than the first time. Though, I don't know that I made it as strong. I kneaded it more this time, but used milk last time. It looked "better" last time and definitely made my mouth more numb, though that could be because I drank it in multiple sips as opposed to downing the whole cup at once...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Should I be just doing a cup a day or several cups a day? I felt a lot less today than the first time. Though, I don't know that I made it as strong. I kneaded it more this time, but used milk last time. It looked "better" last time and definitely made my mouth more numb, though that could be because I drank it in multiple sips as opposed to downing the whole cup at once...
Do less than makes you feel bad, more than makes you feel nothing. Within that range you have a lot of options and possibilities you can match to your mood, needs, desires. It can be very nicely flexible that way.

Ben Morris

Kava Curious
As always, thanks for your reply. What I meant to ask was, is there a recommended way of addressing RT? Like start off at 2 tbsp per day and add a tbsp each week or something? Both times, I felt something, but I'm pretty sure it's not what everyone raves about. I had numb tongue and mouth and possibly a somewhat relaxed mood, but neither time did I get anywhere close to what you all describe.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Could be you had a more empty stomach last time? Also, for the heady notes, I find that drinking more more quickly makes the onset much more intense. The heady effects seems to start with a kind of buzz that changes after 20 minutes or so. So drinking a lot, quickly, will make those 20 minutes much more intense. (The effects don't cease after that, but they seem to change).

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
As always, thanks for your reply. What I meant to ask was, is there a recommended way of addressing RT? Like start off at 2 tbsp per day and add a tbsp each week or something? Both times, I felt something, but I'm pretty sure it's not what everyone raves about. I had numb tongue and mouth and possibly a somewhat relaxed mood, but neither time did I get anywhere close to what you all describe.
well, yes, there is that way to beat RT that way but it's like you increase every day by a tsp or so until you hit the sweet spot, then back off a bit. I recommend a daily drink of 1 or 2 TBS for a couple of weeks first as a way of pre-loading your system. In a sense, RT is just a time when your body's receptors are learning how to process kava and adapting to this new part of their lives. You can just push to krunk as hard as you can, or you can ease into it gently, really up to you here. I recommend going easy but some people go hard core and it works fine for them, so I don't like to rule out any valid possibilities, especially as there is so much individual variation involved.

Ben Morris

Kava Curious
Probably a fuller stomach. There were other differences too. I used cheesecloth the first time and got a lot more of the chunky stuff in comparison to the second time when I used the bag, for example.

I just made a second wash and added 4 tbsp to the 12 already in there with 3 cups of water and one of milk at about 125. This time I really rung out the bag instead of just massaging and kneading it. Had the last cup of the old batch and the 1st cup of the new batch. I think I'm definitely feeling something stronger. Off to wait and find out .

Ben Morris

Kava Curious
Not sure why it's not quoting. I was replying to Krunkie's suggestion of taking a few Tbsp a day and upping it by teaspoons. Here I am drinking 8 and 12 tbsp a day. This one definitely hit harder. Actually made me a little nauseous. I'm allergic to weed and it felt a little like that. My throat even feels like it closed up a little like it does after smoking weed.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Not sure why it's not quoting. I was replying to Krunkie's suggestion of taking a few Tbsp a day and upping it by teaspoons. Here I am drinking 8 and 12 tbsp a day. This one definitely hit harder. Actually made me a little nauseous. I'm allergic to weed and it felt a little like that. My throat even feels like it closed up a little like it does after smoking weed.
You can use reply to quote an original post but you need to use "quote+" if more then one are selected. RT shouldn't take longer then 7-14 days..