Change background image

Kava Culture NYE Kava circle

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Intrepidus_dux, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Had a kava circle on NYE in which six newbies, most first timers, tried out kava and then we played games. It was a grand old time and was so exciting to bring in 2018 without a hangover!

We also discovered trying to make 14 shells of grog at once is extremely difficult. It worked much better when we separated it into three bowls and everyone took turns kneading.
    Bula Kava House and Kapmcrunk like this.
  2. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

I can make a half gallon of grog in under 5 minutes using two aluball set ups and both hands. Two balls in each, with 2 tbs in each ball, two washes, 1/2 cup of grind. Good grog, too.
    _byron, Stonth and Intrepidus_dux like this.
  3. sɥɐʞɐs

sɥɐʞɐs ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Review Maestro

I also had kava on New Year's eve, that's why I was asleep before midnight. :sleep:

kavblet.JPG
    fancy kavblet​
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    _byron, Zaphod and Intrepidus_dux like this.
  4. Intrepidus_dux

I guess I’m missing the balls then! I’ve only done strainer bags or blender prep. I don’t like the blender prep much.
  5. Intrepidus_dux

That looks wonderful! Cool you have a special cup for it. My friends and I were discussing cups since I was teaching them about shells and as much kava history as I can remember. I also made a point to tell people to check for drug interactions online and to explain noble kava and how to do the acetone tests. Mentioned kava forums as a resource too.
  6. nickbroken

nickbroken Kava Enthusiast

he's a witch, burn him.
    PepperyPyrone likes this.
  7. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

I eventually found blender prep too strong for me, and too conducive to dermo. It was ok for me at the time, though.
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  8. Stonth

Stonth Member

Haha why have I never thought of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.