What's new

On my 3rd cup and I'm pretty rooted

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
(y)::rootedgrin:: What kind did you start with, how much kava did you use and what was your prep method ?

dustforlife

Kava Curious
I bought this at a local Asian market. I put 2tlbs in nut bag and massaged in a cup of warm liquid for 10 minutes. I did this 3 times since 3pm. This is my first time trying it.

Attachments

dustforlife

Kava Curious
Yes 6 tablespoons. I wouldn't drive anywhere that's about how I feel. I usually drink after 5 and I would not have a drink...at all. Pretty amazing. Does this mean I don't have RT? @shakas

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Looks like you're a lucky one, with no RT.
You may find some kava days to be more effective than others, but that's just the way it is.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
FWIW, @dustforlife, the term "high" is eschewed around these parts in favor of "krunk" or "krunked" or "rooted" since these terms aren't confused with the effects of addictive, and sometimes illicit substances. Things that tend to do harm to people and their loved ones by proxy.

I personally like "krunked" because it sounds like "rocked by kava" which is pretty much how it works.

dustforlife

Kava Curious
@Henry I absolutely wouldn't mind sending to @Deleted User . I actually took it to just try it but I really want to buy Kava that is Noble and trusted. I've been looking at GHK. I just thought I'd give this a try because it was redily available.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
It didn't last but about 45 min. Not sure if that is very normal
Kava effects last for about 3-4 hours for me, and mild relaxation and peacefulness bleed into the next day as well. I like this aspect of it, as I suffer from social anxiety and the residual effects, when they're not too pronounced, help me get up on the right side of the bed and walk in a positive space the next day. Too much, though, gives me bed-lock, where nothing in my life as important as my comfortable and wonderful bed and I'll juggle all my meetings just to stay in it longer. This part I don't much care for.

With such a short session duration with medium grind and traditional prep, I suspect you're still in RT, but are responding to it early. All it did for me when I was in RT is make me sleepy and kind of tired. If you're in RT, then rest assured that it will get more euphoric and heady down the road. The sedation and body effects tend to hit first.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
@Henry I absolutely wouldn't mind sending to @Deleted User . I actually took it to just try it but I really want to buy Kava that is Noble and trusted. I've been looking at GHK. I just thought I'd give this a try because it was redily available.
Cool, great! If you send a private msg to Deleted User, he will give you his address. I am very curious to see what his tests will tell us about this kava as A1 seems to be a big player in the Fijian kava industry. If it's the same A1 kava and spices that I have heard of, they might soon start sending hundreds of kgs of kava to New Zealand.

And yes, you cannot go wrong with GHK or KWK. Both are excellent and trustworthy vendors committed to only selling noble kava.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Cool, great! If you send a private msg to Deleted User, he will give you his address. I am very curious to see what his tests will tell us about this kava as A1 seems to be a big player in the Fijian kava industry. If it's the same A1 kava and spices that I have heard of, they might soon start sending hundreds of kgs of kava to New Zealand.
Isn't A1 a grading term?

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
I've had that kava. It wasn't particularly strong, but it was clean. I'd be surprised if it was adulterated.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Hm, could be.. I am not sure. I know there is a kava company in Fiji called "A1 kava": https://www.facebook.com/A1Kava
Hmm. Lot of the imported fiji kava I've bought from Polynesian stores has had phrases like "Triple A" "Grade A," stuff like that. (Funnily enough, I've never seen a Grade B through F kava but based on some of the stuff I've drank I don't think I want to).

edit: Quick google seems to suggest that Robin's A1 Fiji Kava is a particular brand, anyway.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum @dustforlife! ::awesomesmiles:: If you want to get picky, don't use Krunked either. It sounds like you are trying to get loaded. I remember an old member used to say, "I got good effects or nice effects". Maybe we should come up with our own sliding scale using the word effects. I got "nice effects", "potent effects", "overwhelming effets", etc. :D
::frosty:: Let's use that in a sentence class. Aw, ain't that cute, he got "nice effects". Hey, I need to order that one, he got "potent effects".
::ricky:: Ahora in Espanol clase. Muy bien krunkados.