What's new

Oooh lookey what the mailman brought me! :D

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
The 24 wave and the candies weren't supposed to arrive til Monday, but I got both orders today. I think the mailman wants me to get krunked! :D I broke into the candies immediately and whilst letting that dissolve I tried my hand at traditional prep on the 24 wave. I have no idea if I did it right or not, but it sure feels nice so I guess it's not too bad. :D I'll break into the Bati tomorrow.

20170805_175018.jpg

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Enjoying some 24 wave myself!
I haven't tried the ginger candies though, just orange, but they tasted great
Bula!
Awesome! I'll raise a shell to you now that I have a shell to raise. :) I'm enjoying it very much. I keep finding myself involuntarily smiling. hehehe I haven't tried the orange, but the ginger candies are delicious! Really really nice. I'm going to send a pack to my mom and see how she likes it. Bula! :)::shell::

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Let us know how you like the Bati! I haven't tried it yet. The 24 wave is awesome, not that strong and a little bit more subtle, but still very pleasant.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Let us know how you like the Bati! I haven't tried it yet. The 24 wave is awesome, not that strong and a little bit more subtle, but still very pleasant.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the 24 wave. It's a perfect day time kava I think. Really, really nice. Smooth and light and it tasted great too. It gave me energy and a really nice uplifted mood. It would have been nice if it had some pain relief as I had worked a whole bunch for 2 days and I had a lot of back pain that it didn't touch, but still even without the pain relief it was very pleasant and enjoyable. The next time I make it I want to mix some of the Squanch in and see how that combo goes. I'm thinking like a 2:1 ration 24 wave to Squanch and see what happens. I don't know if the Squanch would still overpower it or not, but I want to try it and see what happens. :)

I am going to make up the Bati in a few minutes. I'll report back my impressions. :) I'm looking forward to it. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Okay I just drank two shells. The astringency is light to medium I would say. It went down smooth. The grind on the kava is very fine and aluball friendly which is not surprising since it's from Kavafied. I did traditional prep however with water and a little almond milk so I can practice hand prepping. I can feel the numbing on my lips and all inside of my mouth and the back of my throat. I'm starting to feel the first wave of relaxation. I'll report back later after a few more shells and as it hits me more. :) Bula! ::shell::

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Already sounds worth a try to me! (y) ::happyshell::
5 shells down now and it is the end of my first wash. Nice layer of silty sediment on the bottom of the bowl. I think this kava might be what they call a creeper. It feels like the kava just kind of snuck up on me and it felt like I was just very gently being pulled down. Almost like being on a really slow moving elevator going down. The relaxation just kind of radiates and I feel like my body is just radiating with the kava. It feels nice. I'm going to do my second wash soon and will report back. :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
5 shells down now and it is the end of my first wash. Nice layer of silty sediment on the bottom of the bowl. I think this kava might be what they call a creeper. It feels like the kava just kind of snuck up on me and it felt like I was just very gently being pulled down. Almost like being on a really slow moving elevator going down. The relaxation just kind of radiates and I feel like my body is just radiating with the kava. It feels nice. I'm going to do my second wash soon and will report back. :)
Thanks for the useful report and excellent descriptive language! Cheers n' Bula.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Let us know how you like the Bati!
Okay 8 and a half shells down now. I finished the second wash and it was pretty weak. I made up a new batch with the Aluball and drank one shell of that. The taste is improved with the Aluball method. This kava feels nice and gentle and hmmmm how can I put this gently. ummmmmmm. let's just say I think this kava has some aphrodisiac properties. Where the Squanch beats you up and steals your money, this Bati is more like, "Hey lemme borrow 20 bucks and I'll show you a good time." I think this one mixed with some of the Squanch would be really nice, but I'm keeping it all Bati for now so I can get a feel for it on its own. Will report more in a bit. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Mmmmm starting to feel a little nauseous now. I don't know if it's the kava or the fact that I just have SO MUCH liquid in my stomach. Feeling a bit queasy though. Blarg.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
hope you feel better soon. Eat a dry cracker or two, lie down, drink some water. Should pass soon.

Remember: aphrodisiac effects are ruined if you barf all over the place. Or at least, IME, ymmv.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
hope you feel better soon. Eat a dry cracker or two, lie down, drink some water. Should pass soon.

Remember: aphrodisiac effects are ruined if you barf all over the place. Or at least, IME, ymmv.
LOL Yeah for sure! Thanks for the advice Krunkie. :) I appreciate it. :)

I don't have any crackers, but I did eat some bread and have been sipping on water and it is starting to feel better. Serves me right for doing too much to fast I think. I'm such a newb! hehehe

Last edited:

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I'm coming down the other side now so I think I will just give my final conclusions on this now. This kava feels pretty light. I really liked the way it came on. That was really cool. I could definitely see this being a good choice for a day time kava because it's not overpowering, but it has some nice radiating effects with a little bit of relaxation/ pain relief. I could see this one being good for people who like to meditate because of the way it makes you feel like you are descending into yourself. I think the nausea is just inexperience on my part. This is only my fourth kava experience and I drank more than double the amount of any of my other sessions. My bad. I hope this is helpful to someone. :) Bula! ::shell::

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm coming down the other side now so I think I will just give my final conclusions on this now. This kava feels pretty light. I really liked the way it came on. That was really cool. I could definitely see this being a good choice for a day time kava because it's not overpowering, but it has some nice radiating effects with a little bit of relaxation/ pain relief. I could see this one being good for people who like to meditate because of the way it makes you feel like you are descending into yourself. I think the nausea is just inexperience on my part. This is only my fourth kava experience and I drank more than double the amount of any of my other sessions. My bad. I hope this is helpful to someone. :) Bula! ::shell::
I appreciate the update. Yeah, you're fine and will be. Everybody has something like that happen. It just reinforces that "one or two shells spaced out at least 20 minutes apart" rule. You learn to sense that stuff coming on early on and scale back quickly. It's an art, but you'll learn it fast.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I appreciate the update. Yeah, you're fine and will be. Everybody has something like that happen. It just reinforces that "one or two shells spaced out at least 20 minutes apart" rule. You learn to sense that stuff coming on early on and scale back quickly. It's an art, but you'll learn it fast.
Thanks Krunkie. I can see that there is a lot of trial and error to this. Each of the three kavas I have had are completely different in experience. It amazes me when I think about all of the different kava cultivars that there are and what experiences each one might hold. It rather boggles the mind. :) I think I should prolly buy some ginger beer to keep in the fridge before my BKH order comes in. I'll have 6 new kavas to try. :) Thank you so much for your helpful advice. You're so kind. :) ::hugsmiley::

Last edited:

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Hey @Ibbygirl, thanks for the excellent description and updates. This kava really sounds fantastic! Your descriptions are like a good advertisement for this root, haha. ::awesomesmiles:: I'll definitely take this variety with my next order at Kavafied.
You're doing pretty awesome considering this was your fourth kava exploration. (y) Yeah, the nausea can probably be traced back to too much liquid intake... happens to everyone from time to time. Sometimes a kava is just too good to be true, and one keeps on drinking and drinking... Well, we all have to go through that and learn from it. ;) As Krunkie writes, you'll memorize how you react and how much to space out shells. 20 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
Little hint: Ginger root (fresh or candied) fits perfectly to kava and helps with nausea!

Again, thanks for the report, and bula! ::happyshell::