What's new

Kava Culture Organize a Nakamal night

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
ok I have to admit this now, I am probably the only Kava drinker I know in my community, I have tried in vain to convert my friends to the root of peace to no avail. so Kava community lets organize! if you have a Nakamal you would like to publicize then let's do it here. I will start with me, any Vancouver , Canada Root heads interested in starting a local Nakamal night, let me know.
BULA

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This may help. This is the analytics information on how many visitors we have from each state. These are the top ten states that people visit kavaforums from this month.

kavaforumsusers.jpg

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Wow, there are even visitors from PNG!
I am bit surprised that it seems that we get practically no visitors from Vanuatu, Fiji and Tonga?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Right on were number 2! Call going out to Vancouver area Root Heads, who want to organize a monthly nakamal night. What's up with the lack of South Pacific Island hits?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Normalized for population:
  • US - 100
  • Canada - 43
  • New Zealand - 275
  • Australiia - 49
  • PNG - 25
EDIT: According to a very comprehensive survey conducted in 2008, up to 6.5% of NZ's population have tried kava. It also estimated that apx 1% of NZ's population drinks kava regularly. This is probably the highest percentage of regular kava drinkers in the Western World. It is possible that the number (not to mention the percentage) of kava drinkers in NZ is higher than in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
There are a handful of visits from kava drinking countries but no moreso than any other small country, probably proportionally less if you adjust for population like verticity did. I'd guess less internet access and a cultural tradition that tells them what they need to know about kava, plus ready access to fresh or at least good quality root means they don't feel the need to seek out info and comraderie on the internet. That said, I really hope we'll get some folks from there engaging with us and explaining the nuances to us sometime.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
There are a handful of visits from kava drinking countries but no moreso than any other small country, probably proportionally less if you adjust for population like verticity did. I'd guess less internet access and a cultural tradition that tells them what they need to know about kava, plus ready access to fresh or at least good quality root means they don't feel the need to seek out info and comraderie on the internet. That said, I really hope we'll get some folks from there engaging with us and explaining the nuances to us sometime.
Exactly. When I lived in Tanna, before I traveled to England to be the Prince Consort, kava was just a part of daily life. When I went to England and found that in violation of kastom, all they drunk was warm beer, I jumped on the opportunity to be part of an Internet community of like-minded krunked-out demigods.