What's new

Pineapple IS the answer!

raginred

Kava Curious
I should have known the experts are right!! Since day one I've been trying to figure it how to make the taste tolerable. Today I bought a fresh pineapple at the grocery store. I'm mixing my micronized with cold sweet tea, chugging it, rinsing my mouth out with more sweet tea, and then popping a piece of fresh pineapple into my mouth. Trying to hold my breath through as much of that process as possible. Finally I found an answer!

raginred

Kava Curious
@Squanch72 i was actually thinking about trying it with orange juice.

@Blippy5 and kapmcrunk.... i'm the same way, but i cant eat some in moderation. if i just bite into one chunck with every swig, i'll be okay. but i cant make a feast out of it

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yeah I loves me some pineapple but my mouth doesn't either.
Making it in straight orange juice would be brutal. The V8 Splash is easy on my mouth and stomach and goes down easy.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
There is a point where it becomes a lot sweeter and a lot less sharp but then it's not long until it goes bad. A pineapple sweet spot?

Steph

Kava Enthusiast
When I first started I used sweet beverages. I started to think about the peppery taste of the kava. Decided to make it savory instead of sweet. Now I chug it followed by V-8 vegetable juice. Don't use sweet juices at all now. Still follow this with crystallized ginger.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find raw ginger a bit harsh. In warm water it takes the edge off. I have heard people recommending powdered ginger but I haven't tried it myself.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Pineapple is indeed part of my daily kava ritual. Chug a shell and chase with a slice. My favorite kava chaser!