What's new

I Love Kava Friday Please Forgive Me

verticity

I'm interested in things
I'm sorry to see wifey so distressed at my using that most foul word. I'm a reasonable guy and I've removed all references to that offensive word in my previous post. And do please give her my best regards. :)
It's actually all 2, 3, 4 and 5 letter words that she has a problem with. Communication has been difficult, because I am compelled to speak to her in German, and I don't know German, nor does she.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
It's actually all 2, 3, 4 and 5 letter words that she has a problem with. Communication has been difficult, because I am compelled to speak to her in German, and I don't know German, nor does she.
I have said this a million times. The steps to having a successful relationship without arguments are:
Step 1 find a mute soul mate
Step 2 never learn sign language
Optional Step 3 for males, grow a very bushy mustache

D

Deleted User01

As my old buddy used to tell me, the best way to have good neighbors is to throw rocks at them the first day they move in. Yeah, you will never have to mess with them again. Nor will you ever seen them again, especially if you are outside with a pocket full of rocks. :LOL:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
As my old buddy used to tell me, the best way to have good neighbors is to throw rocks at them the first day they move in. Yeah, you will never have to mess with them again. Nor will you ever seen them again, especially if you are outside with a pocket full of rocks. :LOL:
Awesome, I just avoiding cutting my grass often, cut all my tree branches above 8 feet, bought a pot bellied pig, and left my barking dogs stay outside a lot in the pen facing the neighbors house. My Ned Flanders wannabe neighbor put up a privacy fence in no time at all. Cut grass on 7am on weekends will you, well take that...

D

Deleted User01

Cut grass on 7am on weekends will you, well take that...
@Squanch72, sorry about the 7AM wake up call on Saturday. :sneaky: But I like to get all my chores done early. :D I once had a neighbor get after me for that (in a nice way). Message received. I won't do 7am if you don't do 5pm when I'm in the patio watching football and trying to enjoy happy hour.
P.S. I hear Pot Bellied Pigs make excellent BBQ. :hungry: Here, piggie, piggie, piggie. Come here boy. Nice pig, nice pig. Piggie want to go to the backyard with daddy?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
@Squanch72, sorry about the 7AM wake up call on Saturday. :sneaky: But I like to get all my chores done early. :D I once had a neighbor get after me for that (in a nice way). Message received. I won't do 7am if you don't do 5pm when I'm in the patio watching football and trying to enjoy happy hour.
P.S. I hear Pot Bellied Pigs make excellent BBQ. :hungry:
I named him Stookey after my favorite BBQ place back in PA.
stookeysBBQ.jpg

Attachments

verticity

I'm interested in things
Deer Diary:

August 21: So I was just chillin' with the herd one night, chompin' on some sweet buffalo grass and shootin' the shit (literally), and Bubba [rolls eyes] up and says "Hey guys, I feel like crossing over to the other side of the highway. I bet the buffalo grass is sweeter over there." And we were all like, "Man, that's a terrible idea. It's exactly the same over there as it is here. And remember what happened to Butch when he tried to go over there?" And Bubba was like "No, man, check it out: if we all together saunter across single file, real slow like we own the road, we'll be completely safe. The humans will be terrified of us, they wouldn't dare try anything. Safety in numbers, man, it's the basic 'herd concept' y'know..."
"Bubba you are an idiot," said Lola, but Bubba didn't hear her because he had already started heading towards the highway. So we all followed him, even though he is an idiot, because we didn't want him to get hurt. So we were nervously following him across the highway, and some human actually stopped his car and got out to take pictures of us. Of course he kept his fuckin' headlights on. Anyway, look for us on Facebook.

verticity

I'm interested in things
December 29: I was getting pretty hungry so I headed over to the house of the nice lady who always feeds me. I stood there staring at her front door for a couple hours, and then she came out and gave me some slices of apple. I wanted to tell her that she really doesn't need to slice the apple, but I didn't want to seem rude. And then--what is it with humans: they always want you to eat out of their hand. It's like some kind of fetish with them. I'd be perfectly fine if she tossed the apple slices on the ground, but I played along and ate them out of her hand. I was so grateful to her that I expressed my gratitude in the best way I know, namely, I pooped in her driveway. Such a nice lady.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity I just clicked on your sig. Ninth & Hennepin. does he mean the Minneapolis 9th & Hennepin?
That's right, it's a sort of spoken word song (or series of bizarre one liners) by Tom Waits about that intersection in Minneapolis. (From his great album Rain Dogs, most of which consists of actual songs)

blindy107

Kava Lover
Do you ever listen to Mark Lanegan's solo stuff @verticity ? He's the ex frontman of the screaming trees. Outstanding heroin/smoker voice and excellent songwriting. Kinda like waits.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Wow... yeah, it's kind of his persona to be bizarre; an impressionistic take on how he felt there I'm sure more than an actual description of the place. But he has written some great pop songs too. You might be familiar with this one that was covered by Rod Stewart.