What's new

I Love Kava Friday Please Forgive Me

verticity

I'm interested in things
Do you ever listen to Mark Lanegan's solo stuff @verticity ? He's the ex frontman of the screaming trees. Outstanding heroin/smoker voice and excellent songwriting. Kinda like waits.
I listened to Screaming Trees back in the day, and liked some of their songs, but have not gotten around to Lanegan's solo stuff yet... maybe I'll check it out some time

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
December 29: I was getting pretty hungry so I headed over to the house of the nice lady who always feeds me. I stood there staring at her front door for a couple hours, and then she came out and gave me some slices of apple. I wanted to tell her that she really doesn't need to slice the apple, but I didn't want to seem rude. And then--what is it with humans: they always want you to eat out of their hand. It's like some kind of fetish with them. I'd be perfectly fine if she tossed the apple slices on the ground, but I played along and ate them out of her hand. I was so grateful to her that I expressed my gratitude in the best way I know, namely, I pooped in her driveway. Such a nice lady.
I'm hearing you're a bad bad deer.

Ashland has a big, bad deer problem.

Boisterous bucks and disorderly does are reportedly picking fights with residents in this southern Oregon city of nearly 21,000, stalking the mayor, chasing a family down the sidewalk and – in the rarest of instances – stampeding a senior citizen in her carport.

"I think it's a problem," Ashland Mayor John Stromberg said Monday, "and that's why I'm doing this."

"This" is Deer Summit 2015, a televised town hall scheduled for Wednesday. Residents and politicians will gather to discuss the city's No. 1 nuisance: "aggressive deer and what can be done about them."
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/09/fear_the_deer_an_oregon_city_d.html

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Two things can be done: (1) Guns + "Make my day" law for deer (2) Introduce a wolf population to the city, or add more wolves if there are some there already. The deer will be outta there (to the neighboring city)
Like that South Park Episode where Boulder bused all their vagrants to South Park. South Park become inundated with hundreds of people getting in your face and asking if you would spare some change.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Like that South Park Episode where Boulder bused all their vagrants to South Park. South Park become inundated with hundreds of people getting in your face and asking if you would spare some change.
No, wolves aren't like that. Deer are the real enemy.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Two things can be done: (1) Guns + "Make my day" law for deer (2) Introduce a wolf population to the city, or add more wolves if there are some there already. The deer will be outta there (to the neighboring city)
Ashland is very liberal where they hold an ongoing Shakespeare Festival. Their solution is to pass out free condoms to all bucks. :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ashland is very liberal where they hold an ongoing Shakespeare Festival. Their solution is to pass out free condoms to all bucks. :)
OK, I'm not sure what a 500 year old playwright has to do with being liberal, but sounds like a good idea.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
OK, I'm not sure what a 500 year old playwright has to do with being liberal, but sounds like a good idea.
Nothing at all just was giving you the color of the town. The Shakespeare Festival is a really big tourist attraction to the town. It's the people who organize it that are liberal. We go through the town on our annual trek up and down the west coast twice a year. It's very quaint nestled next to the base of Mt. Ashland.