What's new

Prices going up again

pallasathena1969

Kava Curious
Supreme is very good at doing certain things, including pain relief. I save it for when I really really need it. Then I am really glad of it. It also tastes pretty good, ESP the most recent batch, and because of the grind, it makes awesome kava flakes. We make enough flakes around here that actually has become a consideration. So yeah, last time I bought Supreme is was $17 for a 4 oz package. Normally I wouldn't do that unless I needed to.
Supreme definitely helps with the aches and pains. Since I’ve been drinking it in the mornings I’ve been pain free throughout the day. Mind you, I’m not talking about really bad pain, just mainly aches from stiffness in my hips and ankles. I know it’s working because I don’t really notice any discomfort till evening time.

I started out with a 4 oz bag and Aluball cup. It was a great investment, for a newcomer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If the price of kava doubled it would make sense to grow it inNew Zealand. If it got 10 times more expensive, it would make sense to grow it in Alaska
I am Brazilian, lived there until I was 12. You had mentioned on a previous post growing there, I agree, the climate towards the north, near the amazon could work. Too bad I lack the resources.

___

Kava Curious
I thankfully don't have any chronic pain, at least not living during the height of my youth as I am.* That may be part of why I prefer kava skewed towards headiness (though I'd rather have strong in both kava like this than weak in both while leaning heady like the cheap lawenas). However I'll try passing that onto my mother to see if she'll try it since I know she has arthritis and intermittent back pain. I can see how it would help with that as the body effects are super strong.

I think it could also work well as an "emergency kava" to bust out when it's espicially needed as an alternative to daily drinking. The 1/2 cup I had hits pretty hard even without building up reverse tolerance and a half cup every week or two would last a while compared even to 3-4 tablespoons daily.

* I can say that as long I'm still under 30 right? :LOL:

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Hi vekta. I feel im a lightweight too. Hiw much kava do you take? I can have a few hours session 4 or 5 hours on 3 tsp of micro. Or 2 to 3 tbsp of medium
I can go for a week or two on 2 tbsp. of medium grind, sometimes 2.5 weeks. It depends how often I have to go into socially stressful situations. Kava has mellowed me out quite a bit since starting to drink it. Kava is pretty much just occasional maintenance now. It did take a few years to get to this point though. It wasn't all about the kava, at least for me. Absorbing a little bit of that "island time" also helped make it a lot easier to cope with the issues that started my journey to the kava scene back in the day.

Them kava feels::nowayyyz::

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Kava is worth it for me, it's a small price to pay for the peace of mind and body I get. I was recently at a party and some gatherings after a night before of kava, it's good at helping me out socially and I don't mind loud music on it even if I have other things on my mind that make it less tolerable, in fact it's only expanded my taste in music. And I have yet besides on my hand to get this dreaded dermo thing which were bad sometimes anyways cause I gotta wash my hands a lot and all that soap is no good for the skin, even if it gets a little bad on there some days I use shea butter and it does me real well on top of smelling nice too.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, so this thread has done some good in reminding the vendors that we are price sensitive. Squanch is selling is kava for 55 a pound. Chris reduced his price for Kumakua to 56.00 with free freight . So now we have some very reasonable options. Any other vendors want to join the price slashing love fest?

D

Deleted User01

Alright, Kapmcrunk on behalf of BHK is kicking in a 10 percent discount. :woot: Any other takers? Come'on guys, this is a price slashing telethon. Hey Kapm, why don't you have a separate section for kava promos so the members can check that out every hour instead of digging through old posts that vendors make. Those posts get buried in their forums and people they don't live on the Kava forums never get to see them. And don't forget the ending dates on the promos.
Now I want to see some price slashing on some good Micronized kava. Anybody? :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Alright, Kapmcrunk on behalf of BHK is kicking in a 10 percent discount. :woot: Any other takers? Come'on guys, this is a price slashing telethon. Hey Kapm, why don't you have a separate section for kava promos so the members can check that out every hour instead of digging through old posts that vendors make. Those posts get buried in their forums and people they don't live on the Kava forums never get to see them. And don't forget the ending dates on the promos.
Now I want to see some price slashing on some good Micronized kava. Anybody? :D
I put up a specials thread in the "Members only discounts" forum.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, vendors, Kapm has started a "specials thread" in the members only discounts forum. What are you waiting for?

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Can someone provide me insight into where Kava can be grown successfully outside of Oceania? Would it really be possible to grow it in the same way in Brazil? How about Costa Rica?

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, so this thread has done some good in reminding the vendors that we are price sensitive. Squanch is selling is kava for 55 a pound. Chris reduced his price for Kumakua to 56.00 with free freight . So now we have some very reasonable options. Any other vendors want to join the price slashing love fest?
I agree!. ^

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Wow, this thread kind of went all over the place. I didn't really mean to make this a starter for a bunch of complaints and aggression towards/between vendors but it looks like there's also some valuable talk thrown in here too.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Wow, this thread kind of went all over the place. I didn't really mean to make this a starter for a bunch of complaints and aggression towards/between vendors but it looks like there's also some valuable talk thrown in here too.
Agreed! My guess is some people might feel touchy about the topic. Possibly because it meens slowing down on or letting go of something they like. J