What's new

R.I.P Two Day Kava

verticity

I'm interested in things
COA?

Also, I'm a noob and keep seeing "HPLC" in your testing results. What does HPLC stand for?
HPLC = High Performance Liquid Chromatography. A method of separating out and measuring the amounts of different chemicals in a sample. Deleted User has a HPLC machine that he uses to measure the concentrations of the different kavalactones in kava samples.

COA = Certificate of Analysis. An official document from a chemical lab describing test results for a kava sample.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
HPLC = High Performance Liquid Chromatography. A method of separating out and measuring the amounts of different chemicals in a sample. Deleted User has a HPLC machine that he uses to measure the concentrations of the different kavalactones in kava samples.

COA = Certificate of Analysis. An official document from a chemical lab describing test results for a kava sample.
Awesome, thanks. I want an HPLC machine just for fun now, sheesh.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

I like that. Added them to The Kavapedia Glossary. Thanks...

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I backed off the tudei. I now think it wasn't the tudei it was the amount I was consuming which could happen regardless of what species of kava I was consuming.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Well I've kept on consuming the HKC Tudei and haven't had a single problem since. As I posted earlier I think all this hullabaloo about tudei is making a mountain out of a kava molehill.

verticity

I'm interested in things
First it was good, then it was bad and you said "It takes a big man to admit blah blah blah I'm sending my tudei back to HKC for a refund blah blah", then you deleted that post and now it's good again?

If you'd like, I can put you in touch with Dr. Schmidt, Dr. Lebot, and a few others. You can tell them about your research, and let them know that they're "making a mountain out of a kava molehill".

He's just a dude with a contrarian streak as huge as his feet trying to find his way in a new world. And that's OK. Not everyone is going to follow advice, or have the same experience.

kavatester

Kava Curious
i personally think a tudei ban is a horrible idea ,but testing and labeling are obviously needed at this point. i really think testing and labeling along with an educational campaign by folks like Deleted User is the solution. people can simply choose for themselves if provided proper information,the problem has been that there has been no education to go along with the surge in marketing of kava. maybe instead of banning "tudie" we could mandate it has to be called something other than "kava" then folks like myself who want it for medical or research purposes can still aquire it without anyone mistaking it for something they should drink regularly, any warnings i have seen just say something like "only for experienced kava drinkers" or "not for kava amateurs" or something rather than something i would like such as "THIS IS TUDEI" "this has different effects from kava and high probability of side effects,do not confuse with noble kava" or "warning this product contains tudei and has unpredictable and inconsistent effects"