What's new

R.I.P Two Day Kava

muzzled dogg

Kava Curious
Governments don't have revenue as we understand it. They just have what they steal from producers in the economy. I'd rather they not be involved

D

Deleted User01

It's very good news. If the Kava Countries make it illegal to sell Tudei then they basically kill one of the arguments against kava and they kill the side effects that fan the flames of those arguments against kava. There is so much bad press associated with Kava that something had to be done. It may be draconian but it is a necessary evil. @Deleted User, once the vendors start toeing the line then I'll bet you get a lot more samples to test. And though some of us may disagree with the 100 percent ban on Tudei, we need to band together and show our solidarity with the decision. Now, what do we need to do to get the Kava vendors to toe the line? :D

verticity

I'm interested in things
"But I love my two day kava!" Yea, I hear you, and here's a surprise: Research is already underway to provide a high DHM pain killing muscle relaxing NOBLE cultivar to fill this need. It is possible, and I'm confident it will be done. :D
This is interesting. The closest you can get now would be something like Borogoru with chemotype 245---. Are you saying it could be possible to create a 25---- strain, but with low (noble) levels of FKB?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That is very interesting. Do you suppose the effects might be related to minor kavalactones or other compounds?

D

Deleted User01

As a Gardener, I order seeds that are hybrids and developed in the lab my using multiple strains to arrive at a flower that has all the desireable qualities you would want. Like giant Dahlia Shaped Marigolds that bloom all summer long and can be seen a mile away (my personal favorite). Putting the same resources to work on kava could reap wonderous strains of kava. But heck, they are already doing that with the MJ Herb. @Deleted User, thanks for all the kava updates. It is indeed heartening to see all these changes coming about so rapidly. And @Deleted User, you are indeed one of the scientists who has contributed to this. Thanks again.

D

Deleted User01

@Deleted User, I was just thinking about the American Kava Association. Some of the vendors here say that the AKA tests their kava. However, I have never seen any type of Acetone test results from said vendors. Do you think the AKA will ever provide acetone testing? I only ask that because I closely follow the Acetone Tests at TrueKava and I use those to make my decisions. The chemotype can point to Tudei but sometimes I think is not 100 percent accurate. What say you on this subject?

D

Deleted User01

Thanks @Deleted User for clearing it up. The last time a vendor mentioned the AKA, he made it sound like all members of the AKA had their kava tested. I might have read too much into his post. By the way, the COA you are talking about, did it have an Acetone test? I want to get my facts straight on this.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
The acetone test is very much alive, and is mentioned in the Codex discussion as a field test method. It is 100% accurate if called on to delineate between pure noble and pure two day, less so for mixes.

To my knowledge, the AKA has issued only one COA, the one for BKH 11 Year Waka. If there are other vendors claiming their tests, I would like to see them.
COA?

Also, I'm a noob and keep seeing "HPLC" in your testing results. What does HPLC stand for?

muzzled dogg

Kava Curious
I'm sure there are some farmers who would rather have no regulation at all and be free to ship whatever they want - noble, two day, wichmannii, cement, datura, sawdust, peelings, leaves, etc and label it as "kava". Do you want to buy it?
Not right now but if someone else does why put. government thugs with guns between farmers and willing consumers. Violence is not the answer to stopping two day kava

verticity

I'm interested in things
It is quite likely that DHM is not solely responsible for two day effects. Mita (246531, Tanna/C) and Woko (264531, Santo/W) are both considered two day in Vanuatu. Mita shares a morphotype with several nobles, but Woko is particularly interesting: there's nothing in the KL profile to suggest it's two day, but it has a unique morphotype, unlike any other cultivar.
Methysticin (6) is correlated with tudei-ness I believe, that may have something to do with it. Or it could well involve KLs that are not in the big 6. Interesting.