What's new

Ready to try kava, but hesitant

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I began taking Kava for the same reasons...job stress. Just see my Intro post. I am sure you will like the effect. I have not found any nausea from Kava. I do eat a small ginger candy when drinking it, just to be sure. The effect on me has been one of dissolving imprinted stress and shutting down my intrusive thoughts that I normally am plagued with. The Kava makes it all go away and I sleep wonderfully. I don't need a heavy dose to get the benefits, just 2 tablespoons to a large mug of water and coconut milk. I also find that a wedge of lime makes the taste perfectly palatable. Let us know how it goes...
Cinnamon. I add cinnamon when I blend the kava. More palatable and no nausea. At least for me.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
This is incredibly nice...
just one shell...
I might not need another...
I feel like I'm floating on my back in a big warm pool...
Relaxing into it...
That feeling of "all is well"...
Subtle and comfortable...
This is wonderful...
Great, now I have to try that one too. I do love the all is well feeling that kava gives me. It really helps me to look past the small things that don't matter as much as I sometimes think they do.

Nova Cain

Seeking the edges
Had 2 shells tonight! Still amazed at how strong this is... Thank you, Cactus Kava! I was starving so I had a rice cake with peanut butter, and cayenne pepper... And had my second shell and still getting good feelings...
Exploring this is really fun! I'm trying to go slow and respect it... Love the feeling! Kava can replace a lot of other vices for me, I think...
This weekend will be a new twist...I'm going to see what it's like a little earlier in the day... I've only tried the Lawena, but there's still Ono and Eva to check out... I don't mind the taste of kava at all...but I'm Irish (wink)...
Really having fun with this so far - I think it's going to be an interesting adventure...
How long have you all been enjoying this stuff?
How does it change for you over time?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
It

Capitán...
...is that some reference to Fox News?
There are super fast foxes, known as faxes. The government has hid that from the public for decades.
And yes, they are connected to the fax machine, what do you think is making that noise?
This is no joke.
I have seen highly classified documents revealing the "FAX NETWORK" programme.
What started out as a medical experiment, evolved into a clandestine operation.
What you saw, was probably either a) a fax gone rogue or b) one of the millions of faxes roaming the U.S bringing information and small organs to high ranked members of the "FAX NETWORK".

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Had 2 shells tonight! Still amazed at how strong this is... Thank you, Cactus Kava! I was starving so I had a rice cake with peanut butter, and cayenne pepper... And had my second shell and still getting good feelings...
Exploring this is really fun! I'm trying to go slow and respect it... Love the feeling! Kava can replace a lot of other vices for me, I think...
This weekend will be a new twist...I'm going to see what it's like a little earlier in the day... I've only tried the Lawena, but there's still Ono and Eva to check out... I don't mind the taste of kava at all...but I'm Irish (wink)...
Really having fun with this so far - I think it's going to be an interesting adventure...
We're glad things are working out for your with this stuff! Definitely respect the root; going overboard and having one too many shells is something many of us at one time or another accidentally hit. It's not a fun experience, which is why on each of my bags I say to drink as many shells as makes you "comfortable". Having one too many shells is just not fun.

I think you'll enjoy both 'Eva and 'Ono. 'Eva is much like the Lawena in effects, but isn't as heady. The 'Ono is perfect for relaxing and drinking a few more shells than usual.

A few years ago kava really helped me "reset" my life, really. It helped me deal with a few issues I had, and helped me understand how to cope with them. Additionally, it's been great for sleep and general malaise. I find that I used to drink kava more than I do now (I'm currently at 3 or 4 nights a week), but I'm not sure what I would attribute the decline to.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I've been drinking it since I was 17. I believe early in 98. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light, but always enjoying it. I took some time off and switched back to booze recently, which had a toll on my health. I've been back on the kava for the last 4 or 5 months I think. When I first started drinking again, it was just as pleasant as the first time I tried as a teen.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Good questions... We actually did a census a while back: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HGMQkmQ4b3tPelW5usePa98aJvzpWaDc1dAS8QRAPhc/viewanalytics

You can see the responses on years of consumption. Most of us are in the 1-3 year range, but a couple old timers have been drinking it for 10+ years.

Kava hasn't changed over time, it's more like my life has. I quit drinking, lost a lot of weight, I credit it all to kava.
@kavadude Old timer? I don't know how I feel about that label!

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I'm an old timer compared to the rest of you punks. :) Been drinking kava since 2000, although not continuously. Took
a few years off. But I've been drinking it steadily since about 2010.

The effects haven't changed for me over time. I still absolutely love it, and am grateful to the Lord above for
giving us this plant!!!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
TEchnically I might qualify as an old timer too if you count that time I ate an entire bottle of kava root pills and burped peppers all night as the (poor) beginning of my kava career