What's new

Shipping times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Let me start by saying I think that overall BKH does a great job and provides quality kava. However, anyone notice inconsitency in shipping times lately? In the recent past I placed an order on a Monday morning around 7 a.m. which would be 4 a.m. Oregon time. I received notice that a shipping label was created that morning and shipped. I had my goodies by Wednesday. My last order was placed on Thursday 5/31, label created on 6/1 but was not shipped until 6/5! Didn't receive the product until 6/7. I just placed another order on Monday at 430 a.m. Portland time and item still not showing shipped. Hope this isn't a repeat of last time. I am a creature of habit and of coarse always like to come home to good kava in the mail. I like consistency so I know if I order a product on Monday it will always get to me by Wednesday or Thursday.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
We aim for 3-4 business days delivery. To accomplish this, we need to create the shipping label by the business day following the day the order was placed. USPS doesn't pick up on the weekends, so orders placed Thursday or Friday, often won't leave until Monday, which means total delivery time is longer, but we can't control USPS's schedule. Unfortunately, we also can't control if USPS is somehow delayed, which looks to be the case for your order placed on 5/31. That order took 5 business days to reach you. I apologize for that delay but it was out of our control. Orders placed Sundays through Wednesdays will always get to customers faster than orders placed Thursdays through Saturdays. If we could make the post work all weekend to make total shipping times more consistent we would.

If you're in a big hurry, especially if you'd be ordering just before the weekend, I recommend choosing one of our products on Amazon Prime. Price won't be much different with a membership, and they are big enough to guarantee two day delivery (worth noting though is that even Amazon is a little slower over the weekend).

I appreciate your business and patience.

Judd

Status
Not open for further replies.