What's new

Sluggish bloating

N8N

Hello, I'm new here.

A few years ago I ordered some kava and really liked it. Back then I did have some bloating but I could still ignore it. A few days ago I ordered kava again and while I enjoy the effects in the head, the bloating is almost extreme. I feel like all my energy and body fluids stagnate in my belly, which makes it really uncomfortable. It makes me lethargic and seems to add a second effect counteracting the kava fun and I feel like I have a beer belly. I might tolerate it in the evening while watching a movie, but not during the day. There has been a heat wave though, that made it unbearable and the kava seemed to take away my heat resistance (anyone else?). It was also getting worse last time, then I had a different vendor. It's not nausea. That only comes after too much.

In a quick internet search I came across the idea of extra straining. I use a bag of 60 microns, looks fine enough. But straining even three times doesn't do much. I tried eating ginger and that seems to help a little but not enough. Drinking more slowly doesn't work. Do you guys have any tips, or perhaps do you know why I get it so much?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Maybe try a different strain or take some anti-gas before hand. Have an empty stomach and stay well hydrated. I get gas and bloating too but it can be avoided for me, with the ideas above.

Welcome to kf.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Hello, I'm new here.

A few years ago I ordered some kava and really liked it. Back then I did have some bloating but I could still ignore it. A few days ago I ordered kava again and while I enjoy the effects in the head, the bloating is almost extreme. I feel like all my energy and body fluids stagnate in my belly, which makes it really uncomfortable. It makes me lethargic and seems to add a second effect counteracting the kava fun and I feel like I have a beer belly. I might tolerate it in the evening while watching a movie, but not during the day. There has been a heat wave though, that made it unbearable and the kava seemed to take away my heat resistance (anyone else?). It was also getting worse last time, then I had a different vendor. It's not nausea. That only comes after too much.

In a quick internet search I came across the idea of extra straining. I use a bag of 60 microns, looks fine enough. But straining even three times doesn't do much. I tried eating ginger and that seems to help a little but not enough. Drinking more slowly doesn't work. Do you guys have any tips, or perhaps do you know why I get it so much?
What vendor(s) do you use?