What's new

so i looked on Google and...

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
OK, the old Solomon kava was the Tudei to end all Tudei. I have no idea what it was, but it kept me up all night, gave me the biggest case of the munchies I ever had, and I wanked like a 14-year-old. I fucking hated that stuff. Too strong, too "drugs," if you know what I mean.

I bought some for Crazy Alzheimer's Lady as an alcohol replacement. I don't think she drank any of it, and I'm stuck drinking it, but either I am making it much lighter than I used to, or it's not the same plant.

Anyway, I would not recommend Solomon, even the new batch, for daily drinking. It's certainly a weekend-grade (tudei) kava, or at the very least a nobel with tudei adulteration. The fact that they didn't change the packaging or warn the customers that it wasn't the same cultivar lost a lot of respect from me.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
It will show up in a test in Utah.

True story. Utah has a lot of Fijians. They bought kava drinking with them. One time, an asshole Fijian was pulled over after drinking over a dozen shells and trying to drive. He bragged to the cop that no test could nail him for driving while under the influence. The cop knew it was kava. So, the cop purchased some kava, took it to the lab, and told the lab rats, "Look, I know you guys are no where as smart as Deleted User... yeah, the Marx brother... no, rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated... seriously, he's worshiped in Vanuatu or Samoa or Hawaii or something... anyway, just stop asking questions and listen... this is Kava... no, it's not a present for you, I want you to find out how to test for it. What, you'll have to metabolize it to test for it's metabolites, sure... drink it then... what, you want more kava? Here's ten pounds of it, then. Just find a way to test for it."

Well, they did find a way to test for it, so in Utah it can be tested for.

Either way, don't drive krunk. Sure, maybe little kava is better than force-choking the guy in the next car and causing accident, but seriously just buy a blood pressure cuff and take a reading at home. It's not worth driving to Wal-Mart, especially not in December.

R

Rookietwoshoes

So Solomon and Stone are probably aldulterated then? Is that the consensus ?

pearly_sweetcake

Kava Curious
No I haven't heard of it showing up. Just don't want you getting in trouble!
Oh good good good. I love in fuggin idaho and i haven't heard of anyone using kava out here so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear for a while at least. And i hope the Solomon doesn't get me too crazy but on my first time I'm gonna take it really slow haha

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
So Solomon and Stone are probably aldulterated then? Is that the consensus ?
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the products are exactly as described. Stone is described as 100% lateral roots. Natural kava is 80% laterals, 20% chips. 100% lateral root kava may be controversial... the Vanuatu Kava Store calls it "dangerous." Now, Solomon Island kava is, as described, a 50/50 blend of chips and lateral roots. But, other than the fact that it's kava and that it's from the Solomon Islands, no other claims are made. I think we can safely assume it's around 75% Noble and 25% Tudei, more or less.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Oh good good good. I love in fuggin idaho and i haven't heard of anyone using kava out here so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear for a while at least. And i hope the Solomon doesn't get me too crazy but on my first time I'm gonna take it really slow haha
Sheesh! What are you doing out there? Haha!

It shouldn't be too crazy. Remember you may have some reverse tolerance as well. Doesn't happen to everyone but I would assume most have experienced it! Good luck and keep up posted please.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Ugh. It pays to research before investing money in kava that will ultimately end up sitting in a kitchen cabinet because I am now too reticent to drink it. I used Kavasseur's reviews as a purchasing guide and obviously it wasn't enough given all of the recent research about noble vs tudei and actual test results. So what's the bottom line? Can we keep the kava and drink it on occasion or just toss it and start from scratch?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ugh. It pays to research before investing money in kava that will ultimately end up sitting in a kitchen cabinet because I am now too reticent to drink it. I used Kavasseur's reviews as a purchasing guide and obviously it wasn't enough given all of the recent research about noble vs tudei and actual test results. So what's the bottom line? Can we keep the kava and drink it on occasion or just toss it and start from scratch?
Keep it, and drink it on occasion. No need to throw out good kava, even if it slightly mixed with some not-so-noble variety. I consumed the worst tudei that was tested for a solid year. No I would NEVER EVER consume it again (due to the effect it had on my skin and digestive system), but I'm still around to recount the story. A little non-noble in your noble is not ideal, but don't throw it out on that account.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
One thing you need to understand about Le @Kavasseur, he doesn't have any scruples about drinking tudei. On this forum, that seems to be a relative rarity. I'm in the same camp, more or less, I just don't like the feeling of drinking exclusively tudei, but I also don't like the feeling of drinking exclusively noble. I would say I drink tudei between one sixth and one third of the time, depending on how stressed out I am. I assure you, though, I haven't drank any tudei since Sunday night.

My personal hypothesis is that there are both risks and benefits to the dreaded ::fkb::. On one hand, it's hepatoxic, but on the other it may be a chemopreventive to cancers, especially of the large intestine.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
As far as tudei kava goes, my primary recommendation would be Isa grown in Hawaiian soil. If you can find an over-mature plant, say around 8-10 years old instead of the normal 4-5, you will be quite happy.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
There are two ways that cells die, necrosis and apoptosis. Necrosis is bad. Apoptosis is normally not bad, but it can be bad. Really, at my age, there's only seven things I worry about.

1.) Too many cells
2.) Too few cells
3.) Mutations in my nuclear DNA
4.) Mutations in my mitochondrial DNA
5.) Garbage inside of cells
6.) Garbage outside of cells
7.) Protein cross-linking

Numbers 1 and 3 are sort of related, in that they're the definition of cancer. Apoptosis, "programmed" cell death, is a way to control problem number 1. Right now, all of us probably have quite a few cancer cells. Normally, though, either the cells realize they've gone bad and commit apoptosis, or the immune system goes "WTF" and destroys them before they get out of hand. Flavokawain Beta is great for apoptosis, but I'm willing to concede that given kava's metabolic pathway through the liver, it's "too much of a good thing" when concentrated in that particular organ.

Still, I make sure I drink at least a liter or prepared tudei kava each month for the health benefits. This makes me the supreme heretic when it comes to the Noble/Tudei controversy.

R

Rookietwoshoes

And what of this 11 year old waka sourced from the private island ? That's a high price to pay for such a seemingly adulterated micronized. When do the vendors start taking accountability and invest in their own testing prior to marketing kava in a specific way?

R

Rookietwoshoes

I guess it takes the concept of organic, kosher, micronized tudei to a whole new level .

blindy107

Kava Lover
And what of this 11 year old waka sourced from the private island ? That's a high price to pay for such a seemingly adulterated micronized. When do the vendors start taking accountability and invest in their own testing prior to marketing kava in a specific way?
It's chemotype came back noble. I have never had second day negative reactions from it. May have had some dermo while using it but it's not unheard of from "nobles" as well. It's a bargain for the effects in my opinion.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Ugh. It pays to research before investing money in kava that will ultimately end up sitting in a kitchen cabinet because I am now too reticent to drink it.
In the old forum, we used to have several kitchen vendors offer to sell us new cabinets all the time. Now, I finally understand why it's relevant to kava. Thank you @Rookietwoshoes for finally allowing me to understand.

R

Rookietwoshoes

It's chemotype came back noble. I have never had second day negative reactions from it. May have had some dermo while using it but it's not unheard of from "nobles" as well. It's a bargain for the effects in my opinion.
Maybe i misunderstood . I was under the impression that the chemotype and the acetone test color result contradicted themselves .