Change background image

Some light reading before bed. A Behavioral Survey of the Effects of Kavalactones on Caenorhabditis

Discussion in 'In-Depth Kava Discussion' started by Atticus, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Atticus

Atticus :)

2. BaySailor

BaySailor Member

Wow. Need a shell after that.::chugger::
    Bottom line: Worms like kava, but worms who drink kava are more sensitive to pesticides!
    Atticus likes this.
  3. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

This reminds me of the forum member (what was their screen name?) who said kava was making his arm do a weird jerking movement. Maybe he should see this? Help me figure out who it was please. Maybe we could tag them.
  4. Alia

Alia Kava Enthusiast

Mahalo for finding and posting this study! How magnificent and diverse are these "Kava Forums" huh?
    My story may not be for the non-farmer but coincidentally just yesterday I was harvesting an 'Awa 'Opihikao
    for home consumption and as usual on the outer edges of some of the stump you see this small, earthworm-like
    little critter eating some of the softer portions of stump. They are cut away and discarded on ground and/or
    pressure washed off before even the real cleaning begins but I often wondered if they are euphoric worms!
    kasa_balavu likes this.
  5. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Maybe encouraging more happy Caenorhabditis sp. keeps the nematodes away?
    Kapmcrunk likes this.
  6. Atticus

Atticus :)

We are fed so much crap with the motive of money behind it. I'm thankful for social media and intelligent people who can sway some of this.