What's new

-Sometimes I think you love kava more than me!

Donwanagan

Kava Curious
So, i am still pretty new to kava. Ive only drank some on 4 occasions within a 2 week period so far and ive been meaning to create a post sharing my experiences and prep methods for feed back, however; the first time i tried it i poured two cups and gave one to my girlfriend.
Me being me, the first time i drank was not meant to be an actual session, i just wanted to sip a little and see if i had any allergic or other reactions. I tried my best to describe to my girlfriend what it was and why people drink it and forewarned her it tasted bad.
Ultimately, she sipped it a few times and was beginning to become disinterested after no immediate ' effects '. So, i explained that most people just chug the whole thing at once since it isn't supposed to be enjoyed flavourwise. So, she downed the rest of the cup and shortly thereafter said she felt "woozy", not in a bad way. She smiled when she said it and kinda laughed but its not like she was inebriated or out of it in any way.
We were cooking a large meal in our kitchen for the next few hours and there was no indication to me she was altered mentally or physically. All in all there was no difference.
Long story short, i think she
A. Doesn't like the taste
B. Didn't get an immediate result from drinking it
Based on those two things and knowing her, id say she's going to drink it in the future rarely with me, but all in all she has no desire.
Doesn't bother me.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yeah I don't think people have the right to be mad at any one for something that they don't understand... being mad about drinking kava is being mad at someone for drinking coffee.

Yet coffee is more addictive more dangerous and more likely to make you snappy and rude with your S.O
Case closed
Oh, no you didn't. Don't be hating on my coffee. Grumble, grrrrr, ugggh it is the only thing that gets me out of bed after those particularly heavy kava nights. Next the forum will be banning anyone who advocates for drinking coffee:LOL:. Fresh roasted (I roast my own) coffee is about as divine a substance as my beloved kava!