What's new

Straining Kava .... UK Problem - Advise Please!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Typically you'd have your initial shells after several hours of fasting. Between shells you can take a bite of fruit, or a chunk of meat or something. After 3 or 4 shells you usually have a diminished appetite, but a small warm meal can boost the effects. After that meal, kava effectiveness will slow down. I only drink at night, so I have no experience with trying to go up and down with it through out the day.

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
Check for biodiesel suppliers in the UK.

They often sell nylon bag-sock filters with different micron ratings. A 55micron bag-sock filter will do the job nicely.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
You can use any finely woven fabric in a pinch, but pantyhose or paint strainer bags are good cuz they resist water more. Simply filtering kava through a metal strainer works but is incredibly wasteful. All the remaining kava in the strainer would still have plenty of kavalactones that could be released by kneading. Very fine silt is normal to drinks and is what gives you potency. 8-10tbsp per night is what I typically drink, that dosage is quite normal for some but too strong for others. However, it is considered closer to average/traditional Vanuatu strength.
You have said that a bunch of times, but my mind cannot wrap around 8+ tbsp for one session. I would be out of my mind with half that. And that being the traditional amounts!!! Below must be what you and the traditional kava drinkers must look like!:eek: Major hardheads! ;)

Can we figure which one is @shakas !

verticity

I'm interested in things
You have said that a bunch of times, but my mind cannot wrap around 8+ tbsp for one session. I would be out of my mind with half that. And that being the traditional amounts!!! Below must be what you and the traditional kava drinkers must look like!:eek: Major hardheads! ;)
@shakas is the one with the longer hair

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro

@shakas is the one with the longer hair
there he is:
shaka-rapanui3.png

verticity

I'm interested in things
I think I found him:
hair.jpg

I have been wanting biebers new hair for quite awhile and I recently came upon Zayn Maliks and I have fallen in love aswell.
I think I would look better w/ Biebers cause I have nearly the same hair color as him....As you can see, my hair is sticking straight up, and doesn't look like Zayns or Justin. I need help on what I can do to fix this problem....
(Source)

EDIT: After further investigation it appears this is actually @Kapmcrunk when he was younger. ("Every picture is of you when you were younger." --Mitch Hedberg) But not much younger.

Last edited: