What's new

The Grossest Kava I've Tasted Is...

D

Deleted User01

Pukin', I don't do no stinkin' puking and I don't get no stinkin' nausea. Yepimonfire Old Sport, you have to take the right approach. It's Sunday Morning and I'm staring at a luke warm pitcher of brackish colored, slimy, oily liquid mixed with Kava, Water, Coconut Water and Soy. Am I going to drink that now? Hell no! I quickly bottle it and put it in the fridge. Come Monday afternoon, I reach for a bottle of ice cold, refreshing, coconut flavored Kava. I quickly chug my shell and immediately wash out my mouth with water. I clean the mug out so I don't have to stare at the brown residue for 30 minutes and then I quickly focus on my work. It's all in the mind old boy.

If I were to attempt to chug a luke warm cup of slimy, oily, foul tasting Kava, then I would surely be joining you and Infraredz at the local vomitorium.

infraredz

BULA!
Just as a point of information, I've only vomited kava once, and that was due to a med I was taking (and, the kava was of course Stone).

I agree with Deleted User01 on the mindset that you should approach it with. If you are going in with the mindset of "Ugh, I have to choke down this gritty, thick, dirt water" then you'll probably have more nausea than if you go in thinking "This is the taste of relaxation and relief". Sounds cheesy, but if you kinda develop a little mantra like that before you drink it (I also say Bula and clap, because f-it, it's in my genes) then I've always had a much better experience. The mind is a powerful thing indeed.

D

Deleted User01

The mind has a long memory, like an elephant. When I was young, I got sick drinking way too much bourbon. To this day, I cannot stand the smell of bourbon. I can drink peaty scotches that taste of turpentine and leather but I cannot stomach Bourbon. So having one bad experience on Stone was enough to sour you on that Kava for life.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, its unanimous, Stone is the worst tasting Kava. Glad I bought WOW instead of Stone. WOW is quite a different story though it does have a funny tasting finish, like citrus or something acidity but not foul at all.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
One more vote for Stone. Funny thing is though I could easily toss n wash Stone when I added some homemade probiotic kefi water. Without it it is was really tough to keep from gagging. Don't know why that mitigates the taste so well.