What's new

The taste !!! UGGHHHH

DaManTheyCallB

Kava Curious
Sugar can help with the taste. Something I've found that can really help is the sugared coconut syrup they use for pina coladas. It's in a small white bottle maybe 8-12oz. Now that I'm out of that really missing it.

Despite problems with my USA order I have managed to get some Kava from closer to home.An excellent service and it arrived within 24 hours. I read all the advice and I took it slow.I stirred one tablespoonful into a little youghurt.Half way in my body went "AAAHHH" and I was 100% chilled.I left the rest in the fridge for another time.I went to bed half starved as I was paranoid about the whole empty stomach thing.I think timings etc are something I need to work on !!
But oh dear me,the TASTE ! How on earth can I get past this ? I had wanted paste as obviously I realise its far less to get down,but my order seems to be stuck somewhere in the USA and I have powder for now.In the end ,empty stomach warnings were ignored and I had a spoonful of picallili just to take away the taste ! No way can I ever use it in liquid .
I love how it made me feel...and I am 100% convinced it will help me taper off the prescription meds I have had to take (Following pretty grim surgeries) I just need to figure out a way to avoid the taste !
HELP !!!!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sugar can help with the taste. Something I've found that can really help is the sugared coconut syrup they use for pina coladas. It's in a small white bottle maybe 8-12oz. Now that I'm out of that really missing it.
Here's a recipe that I've heard is rather awesome if you like Coladas.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I see my amazon link parser ate your link. Let's me know it's time to get back behind the scenes and do some updates.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Kelai is actually remarkabky smooth and easy to drink and very easy on the stomach as well it's an incredibly light colour with virtually no peppery taste.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Honestly,I think I could stay on the pain meds for ever and a day as my G.P. just signs out my prescription each month ! I have made the decision to try and stop taking them because I HATE the thought of being in the grip of them.
In truth,I do not think it matters one jot whether this grip is medical or not,the result is exactly the same.
My great concern is the fact that my mother had what Drs termed an "Addictive" personality and I am terrified I may end up down the same path.
I gave up alcohol for this reason alone...I am now addicted to Diet Coke !!
How long did it take you to get off the opiods ?
I can't speak for him, but for me it took a couple months even after I smashed my rigs. Its a bit of a process, but since you're Dr prescribed I think you should talk to him about tapering you off and ask him about different treatments and medicines to taper you off. A good one i know of is suboxone

DottyLotty

Kava Curious
Kava candies from Ozia or KWK both contain 50mg of kavalactones per candy. It takes 4 of them for me to feel any familiar kava feelings. They're awesome for adding some potency after a session. They're also helpful to bring down situational anxiety a notch or two, but going for a full kava effect on candies might end up messing with your stomach before anything else due to the other ingredients.
Another (Possibly) daft question....is 50mg
I can't speak for him, but for me it took a couple months even after I smashed my rigs. Its a bit of a process, but since you're Dr prescribed I think you should talk to him about tapering you off and ask him about different treatments and medicines to taper you off. A good one i know of is suboxone
In "Normal" times I would totally agree with you about seeking G.P. advice.However there is no hope at all of seeing a G.P. for anything but the most dire of needs.Even my routine injections etc are being cancelled.I am confident I CAN do this,the Kava is keeping me chilled and seems to get better each day.I am only using a pretty small amount so if I feel really grim I have scope to use more.
Thankyou for your support,just knowing someone else out there gets where I am at,is a huge help.

ThatDankK

Another (Possibly) daft question....is 50mg

In "Normal" times I would totally agree with you about seeking G.P. advice.However there is no hope at all of seeing a G.P. for anything but the most dire of needs.Even my routine injections etc are being cancelled.I am confident I CAN do this,the Kava is keeping me chilled and seems to get better each day.I am only using a pretty small amount so if I feel really grim I have scope to use more.
Thankyou for your support,just knowing someone else out there gets where I am at,is a huge help.
I'm glad I'm helping, after going through the horrors opiates and hard drugs cause all I've wanted to do was use my story and experience to help others that are in need. I would've never been able to do it without love and support. Also, before I got back into kava the main thing that helped me stop doing it, helped with the depression anxiety bad thoughts etc was another quasi-legal green herb I cant necessarily recommend on this forum but it worked remarkably well for that and all of the major W/D symptoms. So just throwing that piece of information out there. Also, 50mg means 50mg of kavalactones per candy, most people use a couple at a time for very light relaxation/anxiolytic situations, but like I said its very light and you need alot for kavas full effects/spectrum of effects.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'm glad I'm helping, after going through the horrors opiates and hard drugs cause all I've wanted to do was use my story and experience to help others that are in need. I would've never been able to do it without love and support. Also, before I got back into kava the main thing that helped me stop doing it, helped with the depression anxiety bad thoughts etc was another quasi-legal green herb I cant necessarily recommend on this forum but it worked remarkably well for that and all of the major W/D symptoms. So just throwing that piece of information out there. Also, 50mg means 50mg of kavalactones per candy, most people use a couple at a time for very light relaxation/anxiolytic situations, but like I said its very light and you need alot for kavas full effects/spectrum of effects.
Mate, I genuinely appaud you for your ceaseless positive and encouraging output.

And I understand exactly where you are coming from, being purely open and supportive as a true positive example to many. All unconditiinally too credit for that too me friend.

I am very glad Kava has been helping you ease into a more comfortable, manageabke way of life I wish.

Im pretty off key mysylf just atm. I'm sure I can sort it out- plans and solutions are affoot!

But @ThatDankK just picking up on your energy here, and especially you reaching out to me for support and knowing you are there for accurate advice- thanks so much for that mates and really hoping you are well yourself at the moment.

ThatDankK

Mate, I genuinely appaud you for your ceaseless positive and encouraging output.

And I understand exactly where you are coming from, being purely open and supportive as a true positive example to many. All unconditiinally too credit for that too me friend.

I am very glad Kava has been helping you ease into a more comfortable, manageabke way of life I wish.

Im pretty off key mysylf just atm. I'm sure I can sort it out- plans and solutions are affoot!

But @ThatDankK just picking up on your energy here, and especially you reaching out to me for support and knowing you are there for accurate advice- thanks so much for that mates and really hoping you are well yourself at the moment.
Of course, I'm very happy to help those in need. And I'm doing okay, just have some legal issues I'm going through atm that have my nerves a bit racked up

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Of course, I'm very happy to help those in need. And I'm doing okay, just have some legal issues I'm going through atm that have my nerves a bit racked up
Yes I have been thinking about that and would sure be interested to hear the outcome and wishing for the absolute best on that one. Hang in there bro, think positive!