What's new

Tudei is the day!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've just mixed up some tudei kava root from kava.com and drunk the first shell, the first tudei I've had ( knowingly (y) ). First impressions are that it's very nice, I didn't find the flavour overwhelmingly bad, in some ways less pungent than most noble kavas I've had. The effects are creeping in on me slowly, starting to get some nice muscle relaxation and feeling pretty calm. I'll be sure to report the whole experience including how I feel tomorrow morning. It's important to note that I haven't mixed 4 or 5 tablespoons of this stuff, I've stuck to 2 tablespoons in about a litre of water. Also I don't recommend anyone else to do this without thinking it through and weighing up all the evidence at hand first, just be careful where to get your evidence ;-) . Also I won't be drinking this every day. If it turns out to be a positive experience this may be a Friday or Saturday night thing. I'm going to do a full video review somewhere further down the line once I've had a chance to try the PNG Isa too and I'll be sure to discuss all the pros and cons so that everyone can make their own mind up.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've just mixed up some tudei kava root from kava.com and drunk the first shell, the first tudei I've had ( knowingly (y) ). First impressions are that it's very nice, I didn't find the flavour overwhelmingly bad, in some ways less pungent than most noble kavas I've had. The effects are creeping in on me slowly, starting to get some nice muscle relaxation and feeling pretty calm. I'll be sure to report the whole experience including how I feel tomorrow morning. It's important to note that I haven't mixed 4 or 5 tablespoons of this stuff, I've stuck to 2 tablespoons in about a litre of water. Also I don't recommend anyone else to do this without thinking it through and weighing up all the evidence at hand first, just be careful where to get your evidence ;-) . Also I won't be drinking this every day. If it turns out to be a positive experience this may be a Friday or Saturday night thing. I'm going to do a full video review somewhere further down the line once I've had a chance to try the PNG Isa too and I'll be sure to discuss all the pros and cons so that everyone can make their own mind up.
Did you notice any difference in smell than your're normally used to?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Did you notice any difference in smell than your're normally used to?
Only in that it doesn't smell anywhere near as strongly as noble kava usually smells. It's got an odd almost... cola type smell to it, sort of fresh. It tastes fine, maybe a bit like a green twig or something.

I'm on the second shell now, feeling good so far, not blown away but good.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
that it's gonna come back all up over you.....

fwiw, if I ever drink tudei, yours is exactly the approach and spirit I would take. I probably will someday. No rush, but neither am I quaking with terror.

Bula.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
that it's gonna come back all up over you.....

fwiw, if I ever drink tudei, yours is exactly the approach and spirit I would take. I probably will someday. No rush, but neither am I quaking with terror.

Bula.
It's just a case of being sensible. We don't want our noble to be tudei because you could mix it strong and get a nasty surprise but if you already know that it's tudei then you just treat it with a bit more respect.

4th and last shell just going to go in. First impressions of the evening before the day after... fine, just fine. It hasn't been the best kava experience I've ever had but I do like it and I would drink it again, next time with less trepidation. One thing I would say is that you certainly feel it in the muscles and it's a slow creeper. Bear all these things in mind and I can't see it being a bad thing, another option in your kava cupboard.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
One thing I would say is that given the amount of sedation from this you could drink a small amount just before bed and get knocked out pretty effectively.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If there is such a thing, a safe reliable sleeping-tonic kava that works in a single application, it will literally be worth its weight in gold. Maybe not actually, but literally, because I wrote that using words and you read it.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
I must had plenty in the 90s.felt bit rough in the morning. But nothing scary. Be interesting to see if it feels different to Noble kava the next day

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I like tudei on occasion. I never seem to have most side effects associated with tudei when used with discretion. It definitely lasts much longer which is a good and bad thing depending on the situation. Don’t Tudei and drive lol!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Tudei is a very broad range of cultivars. There are 126 of them listed in the Vanuatu Kava Act so it really depends on what you get. I would imagine that since they are trying to make the point that tudei isn't the dangerous poison that some advocates have been claiming for years now, they were careful to source a higher quality variety. I've never really experienced more nausea with tudei blends than noble alone. The strongest tudei I've had gave me sedation and mental/muscle relaxation for about 24 hours. I didn't sleep for that whole 24 hours but after 8-10 hours of very deep sleep I could definitely feel the heavy KLs still going strong and felt very relaxed. The only negative side effect I had was when it wore off, I got some uncomfortable rebound anxiety which hasn't happened with any other kava. I also dosed it the same as I did with noble (high).

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Morning update. I slept like a log and feel absolutely fine. I can see how if you drank a lot of it that you would have a lot of heavy KL's floating around well into the next day but you can get that from a lot of heavier nobles. Overall I would say it wasn't a bad experience but I didn't enjoy it more than some of the nicer noble kavas. The experience I had during the week with the ROH Tongan was far more pleasurable but I can definitely see that this would have certain applications that it would be better for. If you are experiencing pain and/or insomnia it would definitely provide that kind of relief without having the highs and lows of the kavain hit. I wouldn't be worried about mixing it a bit stronger next time and I wouldn't even worry about drinking it mid week at a sensible dose. I would also consider mixing it a lot stronger for weekend use. One thing I can say is that it certainly puts certain kavas to shame. There seems to be a lot of vendors out there selling weak kava and I'm starting to think it's no coincidence that they are the ones shouting loudest about tudei and spreading lies about tudei/isa being bad. I'll leave that there.