What's new

Kava Culture Vanuatu Wants Kava Bans Lifted

D

Deactivated Account

3 Months of paid time off. I just cried a little.
Oh dear...I just checked, it's actually 13 weeks with 18% of pay loading on top of salary. This is going to be a tough assignment. I may not make it back.

Do you get that in the US ? It's a good gig if you like to travel, not spend it painting your house or something equally as retarded.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Oh dear...I just checked, it's actually 13 weeks with 18% of pay loading on top of salary. This is going to be a tough assignment. I may not make it back.

Do you get that in the US ? It's a good gig if you like to travel, not spend it painting your house or something equally as retarded.
Besides getting paid leave, you should really demand that they pay you to return. :)

D

Deactivated Account

Besides getting paid leave, you should really demand that they pay you to return. :)
:bored: they will prob pay me NOT to return. It could be dangerous for me to settle into 'island time' for that long.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Scratch that, cried a lot. I get a whole 11 entire days of paid vacation time. This includes holidays. Got any openings?

D

Deactivated Account

Scratch that, cried a lot. I get a whole 11 entire days of paid vacation time. This includes holidays. Got any openings?
Mate , it's gets worse. On top of that we get the Aussie standard 4 weeks/year on pay with 18% on top.

Now you can see why I end up in Vanuatu so often.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Nemo I apologize for any mis-communication previously; it does appear like a real mess for the natives over there, and since I've not lived in Australia personally, the only basis I'd had to go off of was these reports.;)
Though I'm with everyone in that just because a small percentage of the population happens to abuse these substances doesn't give ground to place an all encompassing kava *ban* .
Maybe restrictions would be a bit better in this respect? (y)
Other than that I'm glad there are those such as your self whom find a way to still enjoy this root without incidence and with the proper mind state.:)

My point after hearing your pov is that yes kava can be used safely to help ween off of the more damaging effects of a real addiction but if/when portions of the populations take something out of its normal realm and into a state of legitimate abuse, whether or not it's harmful to the body will likely lend bad results for a population that'd just begun to adjust itself community wise.

D

Deactivated Account

No worries at all, you just have to see the lay of the land to understand the bans.

Every 2nd Aussie holidays in Fiji/Vanuatu & NZ. All my friends bring me back some. That tides me over well. That and it's only a 2 1/2 hour flight for me to go to vanuatu.

Monkava'd

That and it's only a 2 1/2 hour flight for me to go to vanuatu.
Ah sooo true it brings a tear to my eye/eyes. :cry:
I regretfully admire you for that Nemo :rolleyes::LOL::p:smuggrin:.
So really, what's the scoop on how fresh the kava is available to you, being that close and all?:wideyed:;)

Monkava'd

Ahh, how could I forget; I guess it was sort of a rhetorical question but really I just love when you post pictures of the nakamals :woot:;).
Kava envy big time over here Nemo (y)

D

Deactivated Account

Just also something I notice. In all my time in nakamals, I am yet to see a Nivan intoxicated what so ever.

Mate , it's gets worse. On top of that we get the Aussie standard 4 weeks/year on pay with 18% on top.

Now you can see why I end up in Vanuatu so often.
Now you can see why so many Irish keep emigrating there as well. Good wages, good leave, good standard of living. Australia does a lot of things right.

D

Deactivated Account

True, never even thought of that but you are completely right, I've never seen it either.
LOL…tell you what though mate, ive seen the odd irishman, dutchman, kiwi, frenchman, pom etc etc i think thats got fes baket covered.

Youll love this photo.Even mikes there. That was a great nakamal…pity it was nambatu, long walk if you keep waiting for a bus to pass but it takes an hour before you work out your on the wrong side of the road.
http://www.thekavaemporium.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Fes-Baket-Nakamal.jpg

LOL…tell you what though mate, ive seen the odd irishman, dutchman, kiwi, frenchman, pom etc etc i think thats got fes baket covered.

Youll love this photo.Even mikes there. That was a great nakamal…pity it was nambatu, long walk if you keep waiting for a bus to pass but it takes an hour before you work out your on the wrong side of the road.
http://www.thekavaemporium.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Fes-Baket-Nakamal.jpg
Man...I know every single person there except for a few blurred faces. I really got on well with all of them except that Scottish fella behind Kelvin. Not the kind of person I like to socialize with. Apart from that that's a great pic man and I would love to have a shell again with anyone there (bar that guy) lol

I also didn't get on with Franco the Iranian rip off artist lol, I remember a solicitors letter he sent me after he failed to have me deported 'Mr. Cian is a very violent and shellfish man' :woot: Guy couldn't even spell 'selfish' LMAO

D

Deactivated Account

That Shannon is a funny bastard though...between him, Andre & James you are entertained for hours. Andre has the most funny dry sense of humour I've come across.

2 weeks until I'm sitting with them all again. Like a kid on Xmas Eve.

That Shannon is a funny bastard though...between him, Andre & James you are entertained for hours. Andre has the most funny dry sense of humour I've come across.

2 weeks until I'm sitting with them all again. Like a kid on Xmas Eve.
Shannon is a funny fecker alright, I really liked him. Genuine guy. Andre takes a bit of getting used to, some of his comments are way over the top but once you understand that the guy just doesn't care and doesn't mean any harm he's great craic altogether and he does a mean BBQ. James is golden, he's hard to catch and he dissappears a lot of the time bfore you know he's gone but a wild character and again, a very genuine dude. He's a bit mad driving around Vanuatu in that beat up Ferrari that you can't even lock the doors on LMAO. God man you are really making me nostalgiac here. Will you say hello to Kofel for me? Do you remember Kofel? ManTanna that works with James and Cam, he's my black brother and I really miss him. Used to send big boxes of stuff from Europe to him for all the people in his village in Tanna, mobile phones, compasses, wind up torches and radios and loads of army fatigues for the John Frum guys. That Kofel is a serious guy, love him to bits.