What's new

Weight Loss from Kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I've noticed since I've started drinking Kava (daily) my weight seems to dropping pretty quickly. I'm wondering if there's any way to avoid that besides eating, obviously, because I'm at about 87lbs. I'm about 5'11. So I'm concerned I may have to stifle my Kava consumption in order to promote a better appetite. That's bumming me out! The only thing that isn't good for me about it is the appetite suppressant. :(

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Yea,the same thing's happened to me. I've lost around 25lbs or so since early 2015. I fast before my kava sessions and don't feel like eating after kava. I also drink very little booze these days. But I've also changed my diet quite a bit, so not sure if it's just kava. I know that people often say that kava causes weight loss, but I guess it can help, but won't make people thin "against their will and diet" :)

My suggestion is to eat bigger breakfasts. But no rubbish (e.g. white bread or sugary drinks),instead try eating more eggs, veggies, fats, etc. Way more filling and healthier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
Wow, that's a lot. I'm the same way. Ok, sounds good. Thank you for the tips. Will do. Should be easy since I'm noticing my craving for healthy foods has actually grown in comparison to my cravings for junk. That part is pretty cool. I agree, way more filling, too, and for sure healthier. :D

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
87 pounds 5 foot 11 sounds dangerous. Please don't feel bad about asking for help. Make sure you're getting proper nutrition and if necessary, put the kava aside so that you can get some solid meals in you. Take care!

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
87 pounds 5 foot 11 sounds dangerous. Please don't feel bad about asking for help. Make sure you're getting proper nutrition and if necessary, put the kava aside so that you can get some solid meals in you. Take care!
Well, actually I'm like 5'2'' (I must've fu**ed that part up when I typed it the first time, sorry about that!) but when I weighed myself today I was at around 90 which is better than I was. But I think 115 for a person my height is a lot more reasonable weight wise, as I know when I check the BMI calculator my result comes out to underweight. I know, I know. I have tried a lot of things to gain weight, but for some reason eating has always been a challenge for me. I am really in no way anorexic but it's something I've struggled with since High School.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I find there are some strains of kava that actually seem to stimulate appetite for me, at least in low doses. These seem to be strains that are relatively high in yangonin, such as Mo'i. Mo'i often actually gives me the "munchies" at low doses, although at higher doses it makes me not feel like eating..
Any theories as to why this might be?? If not no biggie, just thought I might pick your brain a bit. ;)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Well, kava is an appetite suppressant. The only other thing about it that might cause weight loss, I think, is dehydration, which would be countered by hydration. But water weight will only account for a few pounds and should rebound quickly after you stop drinking kava.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
The safety part is OK. but some of the other sections are really messy. not necessarily inaccurate, but just chaotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.