What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Ya I'm using two jam strainers one inside the other and it still let's a pile of sediment through which makes the brew strong but gritty and hard on my stomach ..I've pretty much only had fine grinds so I can't speak to what grind would be right for me . Althoigh ill take it from you that a medium grind would be better . I'm just wondering if a Fijian strainer would make much of a difference with the fine kava I have on hand

CanAwa

My first ever session of Solomon Islands is soaking right now. I may go off the wall and also try a shell of WOW! before I go to bed.
Both these are on my must try list ! Hope it goes well for ya !

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Fijian strainers are fairly coarsely woven. When I strain finely ground kava through them, it's still way too much sediment for me to tolerate. I'd try a muslin bag. You lose potency, but for me I just can't even handle the finely ground stuff anymore.

CanAwa

Fijian strainers are fairly coarsely woven. When I strain finely ground kava through them, it's still way too much sediment for me to tolerate. I'd try a muslin bag. You lose potency, but for me I just can't even handle the finely ground stuff anymore.
I figured as much , I'm gonna go back to the t-shirt method untill I depleat my stock ..I ordered some papa kea and can't wait for it to get here! Hopefully the grind is a little coarser

violet

Do all things with love
I had better luck with a Fijian strainer than doubled jam strainers, but this was before the grind got super fine too. I highly recommend trying a Tide dedicates laundry bag, I get them for less than $4 at wally-world (but still probably not great for the super fine stuff).

@CanAwa Thanks, I've been wanting to try WOW!. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had kava in the pantry, so tomorrow should be a better day already.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Same here violet. I had to switch up my routine due to the finer grind on the BKH boroguru. I'm using a Fijian strainer and it's pretty much perfect. Takes a bit more elbow grease, but it makes a fine cup-o-kava.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Well tonight I ended up drinking the rest of the boroguru (50g, about 1/2 cup) and I threw in two tbsp tanna marang.

CanAwa

I had better luck with a Fijian strainer than doubled jam strainers, but this was before the grind got super fine too. I highly recommend trying a Tide dedicates laundry bag, I get them for less than $4 at wally-world (but still probably not great for the super fine stuff).

@CanAwa Thanks, I've been wanting to try WOW!. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had kava in the pantry, so tomorrow should be a better day already.
I've looked at walmart and can't find one , maybe it isn't in Canada yet ! Maybe I'll try a Fijian like Kap'm said . Thanks for the input tho Violet

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Papa ele'ele pu'u pu'u and some Reed's Ginger Beer (per infraredz's suggestion). And some fried chicken although I'm not going to drink the chicken.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Pretty much perfectly! Papa is nice and relaxing. And the ginger beer took care of the nausea I've been having since I drank some kava while sick a while back.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Tonight its 3 table spoons of Vanuatu by mood&mind, the stuff off Amazon. It got a heady thing about it for sure. Has anyone else have experience with this Kava?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes @StinkWeed Its pretty heady. I plan to run some tests on it. I have a for sure Nobel coming in the mail. So I can test some other kavas, along with mood&mind. If the darn postman would get a move on.(y)

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Tonight its 3 table spoons of Vanuatu by mood&mind, the stuff off Amazon. It got a heady thing about it for sure. Has anyone else have experience with this Kava?
Yeh I got some mood & mind a couple months back. Still have a bit left in the bag. Reminded me of a more affordable (but maybe not quite as nice as) Melo Melo. Interested to see the results of your quality tests.