What's new

What should I expect from a heady kava?

K

Kava Steve

Yea, I really only get headaches if I drink too much kava in a day. Like if I try to fit in two Kava sessions. Much Love Roaddog...
I have severe social anxiety to the point where I'm literally disabled living on 5 acres of private evergreens without a neighbor in sight.

Unfortunately I have been getting a lot of GAD as well lately so my sessions start when I wake and stop when I go to sleep. So far I have found Gatorade two large bottles a day and eating a hell of a lit an hour after a session starts seems to keep the headache in check

K

Kava Steve

another thing you might try, Safeway carries the generic version of EmergenC it has absorbic acid to neutralize the kava flavor and is full of electrolytes. Mixing your kava with it should help with the headaches and give you a boost. I just picked up a box today, gonna experiment with it tomorrow

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
I have severe social anxiety to the point where I'm literally disabled living on 5 acres of private evergreens without a neighbor in sight.
5 acres of evergreens without a neighbor in sight.... I'm jealous... not to downplay your anxiety issues (I've got them too).. that setup sounds pretty awesome to me!
As someone currently living in the suburbs near D.C. with a bunch of neighbors I don't like & hellish traffic... I'd trade living situations with you in a second!!

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
How would you guys rate GHK Vanuatu Boroguru? Heady? No? I notice it has a chemotype of 423651.

Also this new GHK Hanakapi ai. Heady? No?

K

Kava Steve

5 acres of evergreens without a neighbor in sight.... I'm jealous... not to downplay your anxiety issues (I've got them too).. that setup sounds pretty awesome to me!
As someone currently living in the suburbs near D.C. with a bunch of neighbors I don't like & hellish traffic... I'd trade living situations with you in a second!!
not to go off topic but yeah it became too much to handle people walking down the street had me climbing walls

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not as isolated as you but having spent 20 years in London I wouldn't want to go back to the madness of city life - I live in a beautiful place in the countryside but if I'm having a bad day with my anxiety I don't see the beauty. Kava has helped me enormously with anxiety and as someone else said on this thread it has also helped me see the beauty in the little things and also very much helped open me up to emotional spaces inside in much need of attention. I'm relatively new to the world of Kava and have found my way by trial and error - lots of good stuff on here too. Good luck with your journey - it's pretty good

K

Kava Steve

for years it was manageable but I started getting what is referred to as anxiety induced psychosis. The kava has not got rid of my social phobia but I don't feel like I am going insane at home anymore only getting uptight out in town but the kava helps me not care as much about the uptight feeling and I still limit to small doses of public time.