What's new

Why do YOU drink Kava?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I too am partaking in Kava to release the stuck stress, somehow my body has such a habit of carryign stress, I'd love to be one of those people that can shake stress off. Anyways I am here now and I see the light, still in experimental stages, haven't quite worked out my dosage, strains and all that but things are looking up.
Hope the journey goes well. I had to do a lot of experimenting and trial and error to find what works for me reliably, so I have a good baseline. I'm still learning and adding to it, but it was a nice turning point when that baseline was established.

kavabala

Kava Curious
I drink kava because it helps with the anxiety of post acute withdrawals from benzos (about a year in, and over half a year completely sober). I've always dealt with anxiety, but lately this year it's been a ton worse due to PAWS.
It definitely helps me stay sober. I've always relied on chemical crutches, and kava is one that I'm very comfortable with safety and sobriety-wise.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkie McKrunkface, I'm quite the experimentalist with herbs and supplements. My family thinks I'm crazy for spending all kinds of money on this stuff but I have greatly enriched my life. It pays to be a mad scientist when it comes to these things :)

I actually thanks the glitchyness of my body that led me on the path of experimenting, if it wasn't for that I'd probably be a square like the rest of my family.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I drink kava because it helps with the anxiety of post acute withdrawals from benzos (about a year in, and over half a year completely sober). I've always dealt with anxiety, but lately this year it's been a ton worse due to PAWS.
It definitely helps me stay sober. I've always relied on chemical crutches, and kava is one that I'm very comfortable with safety and sobriety-wise.

My doggie loves when I'm on the kava, he senses my energy change and cuddles up with me. I might name my next pet 'Kava'.

kavabala

Kava Curious
Krunkie McKrunkface, I'm quite the experimentalist with herbs and supplements. My family thinks I'm crazy for spending all kinds of money on this stuff but I have greatly enriched my life. It pays to be a mad scientist when it comes to these things :)

I actually thanks the glitchyness of my body that led me on the path of experimenting, if it wasn't for that I'd probably be a square like the rest of my family.
What does the glitchiness of your body mean, if I may ask?
You sound like someone at my local kava bar, by the way. He calls himself a mad scientist.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
What does the glitchiness of your body mean, if I may ask?
You sound like someone at my local kava bar, by the way. He calls himself a mad scientist.

Energy seems to get stuck in my throat and solar plexus area and causes anxiety and closed offness. I need a regular release and I feel kava may just be that special tool for me. It took me a very long time to find 'Noble' Kava and now I just gotta put the puzzle pieces together (exercise,diet, kava etc etc.)

kavabala

Kava Curious
Energy seems to get stuck in my throat and solar plexus area and causes anxiety and closed offness. I need a regular release and I feel kava may just be that special tool for me. It took me a very long time to find 'Noble' Kava and now I just gotta put the puzzle pieces together (exercise,diet, kava etc etc.)
Oh, gotcha. Kava very much helps me with that release as well.
Do you go to Krave kava bar? Sorry, you just sound exactly like someone I saw there recently!!!

kavabala

Kava Curious
I'm in Canada and never been to a kava bar :)
Oh damnit, in my mind I was 100% convinced you were him. You should come visit to the states sometime and go to one! I've heard Hawaii is a good place to be in terms of kava. ;)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
What do you mean energy gets stuck in your throat? I have anxiety and some depression and I notice when I'm going through a rough patch it's extremely hard for me to speak loudly and clearly. stopping myself from mumbling and croaking requires all of my willpower on days like that.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
What do you mean energy gets stuck in your throat? I have anxiety and some depression and I notice when I'm going through a rough patch it's extremely hard for me to speak loudly and clearly. stopping myself from mumbling and croaking requires all of my willpower on days like that.
I think my situation has to do with not being allowed to express myself as a kid, I grew up with a strict intimidating upbringing. I also have hypothyroidism, I believe this is mostly a result of my upbringing.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Interesting. But what does this thing you are describing feel like to you? How does it manifest in your life?

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Trying my best to avoid SSRI's. Unfortunately, I have not found Kava to be good daily (though its nice to just be able to use it over a benzo whenever I want. That is it's strength. I'd much prefer a Xanax or some whiskey but knowing this wont build tolerance or kill me is nice). Still waiting on getting some good anxiotlic effects.

Vladimir Lemon

Kava Curious
I used to be an alcoholic, I replaced alcohol with Kava. I now use Kava as a recreational drink in the afternoons and an easy way to fall asleep. I only drink one or two beers a few times a week now, instead of drinking until I pass out at night.

I find it is most useful for righting my mood when I'm stressed or allowing me to sleep when I otherwise wouldn't

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yes kava is great for changing my mood, unless I am numb, then it is a 50/50 it either helps or makes me more distant from my emotions. certain kavas are less of a gamble in this regard. The high-kavain ones I believe.

This quote from Fahrenheit 451 sums it up for me. “‘Stuff your eyes with wonder,’ he said, ‘live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic that any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that,’ he said, ‘shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass.'” Well..... i kinda do feel like a sloth after 4 shells.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Where do I begin...kava has been a godsend for me. For roughly 10 years I was trapped in the vicious medication hell..have disabling anxiety, and pain from fibromyalgia, bursitis,arthritis, tendonitis...blah blah..take meds..they lose effectiveness..up the doses etc..long story short..3 years ago I was at a very dangerous point...2 500mg Vicodin, 2 10mg Flexeril AND 2mg of Xanax every 4 hours...barely helping...so I found Kava and it was like my life stared again!! I instantly quit EVERYTHING and haven't looked back!
Building on this. Firstly I'll just own I was having way to much of it for me. I mostly like some for potentiall being fun. Turns out some help me mudle through a countery going nufking futs along with meds. And some of the ones that I like for just being fun and nice also help me manage text nech and a pinched nerve

Mostly I sometimes find it some fun sometimes.

And wholy necro'd thread! Just saw the dates of responese here. Can a mod lock and archive this so as it avoid becoming a Zombie or Space Mummy?