What's new

Why do YOU drink Kava?

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
Please keep this thread going!
this is only my third day here, and i really appreciate being able to read and learn from what others have shared from the past. THIS IS what a forum is for.

i do not know what those terms necro or such mean. i only know that this thread is helping me to learn more about kava and her potent healing assistance.

Johan

Hi there Kava people,

First post for me.
Im wondering if anyone - with long time kava use - has been able to get rid of GAD or social anxiety?
Have gotten rid of the feeling of being on edge all of the time and being worn out?
Can kava heal your nervous system over time?
I have simply inherited an extra perceptive nervous system that easily fatigues me.
(i live a healthy life otherwise, no drugs, no sugar etc).

thank you,
Regards

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Please keep this thread going!
this is only my third day here, and i really appreciate being able to read and learn from what others have shared from the past. THIS IS what a forum is for.

i do not know what those terms necro or such mean. i only know that this thread is helping me to learn more about kava and her potent healing assistance.
I don't know if that's an issue on this forum or not. Gamerforums generally frown on 'Necroposting' the fine and hillariusly amusing art of ignoring when a top post is Ye Old. For example this thread's top post when you look was from 2013

Not nocking you're interest or wanting to be friendly.

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
thank you, gork, for your kind reply.

i am naive about internet / forum stuff, so tend to make goofs.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My wife is completely cured, or rather completely treated, we don't know if she s cured Ot not as she has no intention to stop drinking kava just to find out, of both anxiety and insomnia. Both were bad and she'd had them for decades. Also, like, me, she stopped drinking alcohol completely after drinking kava for a while, just lost all desire for booze. Did not happen overnight, though. Took about 7 months of daily kava drinking.

Ps I drink kava because it is a safe and powerful anti-inflammatory and it successfully treats my inflammatory disorder. Also, it gives me great dreams, and it tastes good and I feel good when I drink it, especially when I drink it with people I like. Finally for me kava is a gift of consolation, for whatever needs consolation, one size fits all.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Where do I begin...kava has been a godsend for me. For roughly 10 years I was trapped in the vicious medication hell..have disabling anxiety, and pain from fibromyalgia, bursitis,arthritis, tendonitis...blah blah..take meds..they lose effectiveness..up the doses etc..long story short..3 years ago I was at a very dangerous point...2 500mg Vicodin, 2 10mg Flexeril AND 2mg of Xanax every 4 hours...barely helping...so I found Kava and it was like my life stared again!! I instantly quit EVERYTHING and haven't looked back!
I have ME/CFS which has a lot of overlap in symptoms as fibro and kava has helped me cut down on my meds too! Huzzah!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I have ME/CFS which has a lot of overlap in symptoms as fibro and kava has helped me cut down on my meds too! Huzzah!
I was thinking about this. Because it turns out I have D depression. The types that click for me compliment the antidepressents with a silly gigly place. I don't know that'd drop the antidepressents. The might worktogether. Besides like I said in careful amounts can be just nice maybie like a sweat iced tea or soda ocasionally thing.

Johan

My wife is completely cured, or rather completely treated, we don't know if she s cured Ot not as she has no intention to stop drinking kava just to find out, of both anxiety and insomnia. Both were bad and she'd had them for decades. Also, like, me, she stopped drinking alcohol completely after drinking kava for a while, just lost all desire for booze. Did not happen overnight, though. Took about 7 months of daily kava drinking.

Ps I drink kava because it is a safe and powerful anti-inflammatory and it successfully treats my inflammatory disorder. Also, it gives me great dreams, and it tastes good and I feel good when I drink it, especially when I drink it with people I like. Finally for me kava is a gift of consolation, for whatever needs consolation, one size fits all.
Thanks mate.
Which kava do you prefer against anxiety? Some from kalm?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks mate.
Which kava do you prefer against anxiety? Some from kalm?
I've never suffered from anxiety, so I can't really say. I am of the impression, though, that it's a kind of misleading question because it doesn't really work that way, or at least not reliably.

ALL kava is anxiolytic, but not all kava is directly anxiolytic, like you drink some and it instantly addresses completely your specific type of anxiety and just makes it go away. That does happen for some people, at least sometimes, with some kavas, but I have yet to see anyone for whom that is consistent, like every time they feel anxiety, they drink this one type of kava, in the perfect amount and prepped the perfect way, and it goes away. How my wife got rid of her anxiety problem with kava was by drinking kava every day for 7 months. There were some times in that process where she got considerable temporary relief from anxiety, some good sleep, etc, and that helped motivate her to stay with it, for sure. And then what happened was she didn't get rid of anxiety in her life by knocking it down every time in reaction to its appearance by shooting it with a kava bullet. She regularly drank kava and the anxiolytic effect of the build up of kavalactones in her system prevented having any episodes or flare-ups of anxiety in the first place. And it's even slightly more complicated than tha. I think the kava helped her sleep well which made her less likely to experience anxiety which made her more likely to sleep well which made her less likely to experience anxiety which made her more likely to sleep well which.... well, you get the point.

So, anyway, the kava I recommend against anxiety is kava, any decent acceptable kava. The best kava is the ones you enjoy. They'll all be good. Also, I try to drink a variety. I almost never drink the same kava two days in a row. I think there are a number of benefits to really mixing things up a bit. A lot of people find if they stick to just one after a while it doesn't work for them, but if they drink a variety, the results are more consistent and reliable.

As for Kalm with Kava, Mike is an excellent vendor, first rate service, completely reliable. His products tend to be uniformly very very good to excellent. I've spoken with him on a few occasions and he also seems to be a very nice guy.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
I hav e GAD and panic disorder mate. Started using kava a few weeks back. Best for me so far is Nene. Please click on my past posts they are all about anxiety. Maybe of help.

Johan

I hav e GAD and panic disorder mate. Started using kava a few weeks back. Best for me so far is Nene. Please click on my past posts they are all about anxiety. Maybe of help.
Thank you.
Is it possible to tolerate one kava, and not another one?
I have tried one kava sort with great results (a little bit stimulating maybe, but great feeling), and from the other one i got a headache and stomach issues.

regards

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
In my experience definately. In a few short weeks i have been able to try
5 different types and they were all different. But also when you last ate and what time of day makes a difference.
Hiwa give me a headache and anxiety at first but the settles down.
Borogo same but no headache.
Vula waka
Nene
And 11 year waka are all ok for me.

Johan

In my experience definately. In a few short weeks i have been able to try
5 different types and they were all different. But also when you last ate and what time of day makes a difference.
Hiwa give me a headache and anxiety at first but the settles down.
Borogo same but no headache.
Vula waka
Nene
And 11 year waka are all ok for me.

Thank you.

Another question here,
Do people use Kava for therapeutic purposes?

- Can it change your thought patters and view on life and circumstances?
- Can it make you reason more soundly?

I got a hangover from the first time i used it, but the hangover was not overwhelming or seriously distrubing. Rather, it made me realize that i have been suffering from certain aspects of my life, and made me see a bit more clearly that this issue needs to be adressed and changed. Also, this session might have easen up on a bit of anger i had inside. And im not new to different substances/supplements, im more of a "supplement enthusiast" - being able to interpret how my body and psyche reacts in a nuanced way at this point in time i believe. When i used it i felt great, but the day after was a bit tough mentally, but not necessarily in a bad way. I took micrnized maca.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
@kavadude
Aannd now I'm gonna have to add a BS button

But seriously. I drink kava for the anxiolytic effects as well as the near comatose sleep I get. Also I'm with kavakrunked, it says volumes about something that lessens stress and is completely non-addictive, nay, anti-addictive.
Nail. Head. Hit it.
That is exactly the reason I drink it. Stress and anxiety relief to some degree...but I found it because I was really having trouble getting a good night sleep. Was drinking 2-3 alcoholic drinks per night, and then waking up 3-4 hours later and not being able to get back to sleep. While I occasionally have the day-time kava and like the little kick of euphoria - my main reason to drink is at night, after work, to just unwind get krunk and sleep like a baby.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thank you.

Another question here,
Do people use Kava for therapeutic purposes?

- Can it change your thought patters and view on life and circumstances?
- Can it make you reason more soundly?

I got a hangover from the first time i used it, but the hangover was not overwhelming or seriously distrubing. Rather, it made me realize that i have been suffering from certain aspects of my life, and made me see a bit more clearly that this issue needs to be adressed and changed. Also, this session might have easen up on a bit of anger i had inside. And im not new to different substances/supplements, im more of a "supplement enthusiast" - being able to interpret how my body and psyche reacts in a nuanced way at this point in time i believe. When i used it i felt great, but the day after was a bit tough mentally, but not necessarily in a bad way. I took micrnized maca.
I do not believe kava changes your thought patterns. I believe it strips away, sometimes, some of the distractions that prevent our having what are our own thought patterns. They seem different, maybe, because we're not used to them. We are used to the distractions. But what kava gives us is us, not something new or different.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I had heard about kava many years before researching it further and landing here, where this quickly became my favorite website. Like many, I was desperate to give up my addictions, in my case benzo's once and for all. I spent the better part of 20 years battling those demons along with anxiety & depression, among other substances.

Going on 2 1/2 years of quasi daily kava consumption my life has not only become Benzo free, but as an added benefit, I gave up alcohol for good (just went over 2 years sober). The other effects such as better overall positive mood, patience and last but not least, a wonderful and supporting community were huge bonuses. It's hard to find that nowadays.