What's new

Why I don't like kava reviews.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I have to say that the best reviews on kava come from "The Kava Forums", there is no other place to get so many reviews on different kava from so many different people. Reviews from one person or from a vendors website just are not good enough for me. It is the sheer amount of people and kava that give the "kava Forum" reviews the top spot for people to see about what a certain kava will or will not do.
#kava forum reviews. Aloha.

Chris

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
At what point will anyone know enough to be a good reviewer? We are all on our own kava journey. I think anyone should feel empowered to write an honest review.
You said it before I was going to. I have been drinking kava for 2 years, many around here have several years on me. I initially felt reluctant to write reviews. Headgie explained to me that there is no such thing as a bad review (and that it is okay to NOT like something). You don't need to leave a review that's a mile long broken into categories (not that we mind those). You can write a simple paragraph with your thoughts. That's what I do.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
At what point will anyone know enough to be a good reviewer? We are all on our own kava journey. I think anyone should feel empowered to write an honest review.
Good point, and I agree. As a forum we could consider doing what some sites do (like Tire Reviews) where you have to fill in some background info (years drinking kava, time of day, empty stomach, typical usage dose/day for you) which would give readers some way to judge the response. Just a thought.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
I don't think 95% of the reviews around here are bad. They are simply subjective. If I like heavy Kava and I review a light heady Kava, I'm apt to not give it as good of marks as I would a heavy Kava. I really helps to know something about the reviewer, then you can put the review in context.

For the most part, the reviews aren't comparing taste (yes, taste is a small part of most reviews), but the feeling one gets from the Kava. This is VERY subjective.