• Shoutbox

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
D

Deleted User01

Kapm, can you give us examples of how we would use these features? You know, some real life examples. For instance, does that mean that someone like Chris Allen could keep his Kava Blog on the Forum as well as on the Kava Library? Or perhaps leave a copy of his latest Fresh Harvest Newsletter after the subscribers have gotten their copy? Or is it only open to "civilians".

D

Deleted User01

Groovy Kapm. Even though this is already the best forum on the planet, I'm glad you are now striving to make that the "Universe".

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I voted shoutbox cuz it seems like a quick way to see everyone's short thoughts all in one place... separate blogs for everyone would have to be deliberately clicked on for each person, to see anything. And I think we could make our own ghetto version of a blog if we wanted...by creating a new "Blog" or "Member's Blogs" section and within it, every member could start a thread called "X's Blog" ...and then add replies as if they were blog entries.

D

Deleted User01

Was there also a demo of Shoutbox? Shakas, how do you know about Shoutbox? I want to check that out. I voted for the blog but that was the demo I saw.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm sort of leaning towards the blog. Although, I check in frequently, I don't see myself sitting around and chit chatting. Just curious, I've never used it, but what kind of experience did you get with your existing chat add-on?

D

Deleted User01

I still vote for Blog. Give everyone their own soapbox out of the forum. Those short little messages don't make sense this forum. At least they don't make sense to me. Maybe Shakas would like to Elaborate on the advantages and disadvantages of each. I say that because know nothing about social media.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Make sure you use the vote option at the top of the thread so I have a concrete tally

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I will wait for the argument from shakas before voting. The idea of a slow moving forum didn't cut it for me but maybe I still don't understand.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I voted shoutbox cuz it seems like a quick way to see everyone's short thoughts all in one place... separate blogs for everyone would have to be deliberately clicked on for each person, to see anything. And I think we could make our own ghetto version of a blog if we wanted...by creating a new "Blog" or "Member's Blogs" section and within it, every member could start a thread called "X's Blog" ...and then add replies as if they were blog entries.
I agree. Much love. Roaddog....

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The shoutbox, like the member who brought it up yesterday said, would allow for everyone to post whatever is on their mind and still be involved in the forum without necessarily having anything to say that's 'threadworthy'. People might wanna say something like 'Just mixed Fu'u with Boroguru, it's blowing my mind right now'. You might feel a bit ridiculous filling up the forum with entire threads dedicated to such small thoughts. In the shout box, you wouldn't have to worry about that, people see it quickly and respond if they wish...or just say their own little thought. It would all be visible in one spot.

The blog would assume everyone (or anyone who chooses to) has an ongoing amount of diary entries to share and have people read. Each individual person would be responsible for seeking out another persons blog to look at.
Perhaps neither would get used much, like that chatroom, or maybe vendors would prefer the blog idea.
And just like I said we could fake the blog without actually adding an add-on....the chatroom is already a shoutbox, pretty much...it just gets over looked easily...and doesn't work properly. It erases messages...pops them up days or weeks later, after more people have typed messages that get erased.

I personally don't care about either, myself. But if I'm being polled, the shoutbox seems the most useful, to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I was thinking that those short thoughts might not mean much. The examples I saw were garbage. The comments were not meaningful. I'm leaning toward blog because I'm thinking that people will make long posts. That is what we are voting on right? Is it short comments vs. long blogs? Or did I oversimplify?

D

Deleted User01

Ok, like, "Just went to the bathroom right now, will ya look at that ..." Ok, so perhaps the short stuff being moved to another section would free the forum up to be more of a blog than it currently is now? Kinda clean up the short comments and move them elsewhere?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I forgot to say, I see benefits in both, but since you're asking us to pick..........
(Maybe you could add a third poll possibility called "Both").

D

Deleted User01

+1
Since one of my passions is to find ways for "effective" content delivery to others, I see the blogs having more potential for that, than chit chat.
It's not chit chat, it's real time like "Guess what I'm scatching now?". I like Blog better but I want to make sure that I'm not missing the boat on the advantages of the other.