What's new

The Best Kava I've Ever Had

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Malo Everyone! Thank you Kavasseur for the wonderful review! I pride myself on finding and supporting small communities in the South Pacific. Tongan Family Reserve is from a small family owned plot and is a point of pride for both me and the farmer. Happy Shells, and Thanks again.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
@Kavasseur thank you for the great review, and I also ordered 1/2 pound last night, however after you include some pricey shipping it was $53 for 1/2 pound, and this is fine if it is the best kava on the planet. But I think it's the shipping that really got me, and not the base price of this high quality kava. Is it shipping from Tonga? With that being said this will probably also be the last time I will purchase it because I can buy a pound of quality kava for that price. This will definitely have to be a kava that I pull out for special occasions. I look forward to trying this kava, as I'm always looking for new and unique kavas to try, but just in case it turns out to be a kava that I want to drink every day the price point needs to be there too. Perhaps this will cater to an audience with deeper kava pockets than mine. BULA !

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
So, i have a pound coming. Can i ask what we know about this kava. How old is the root for example? Im really looking forward to trying it.

I will say that the price is high, but shipping to canada was cheap.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Malo guys, I just wanted to let you know, I'm working on getting some more Kava but may be another 3 weeks and it's Easter weekend and nobody works on that holiday down there. I also wanted to let you know that due to the holiday weekend and the post office being closed, I will not be able to send you Kava till Tuesday morning. I know that price is a concern for many of you, I keep the price as reasonable as possible but because I deal with individuals rather than large wholesalers in Tonga the price is a little higher. The advantage is that I can directly communicate with the grower and control the quality and taste of the Kava. I truly hope you all love my Kava as much as I do, and thanks again.

schatz

itchin for kava
Thanks Paulie, looking forward to it while drooling. I hope it ins'nt so good that I will always be chaseing that buzz. By the way do you send any tracking info and where might you be located or shipping from?

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Thanks Paulie, looking forward to it while drooling. I hope it ins'nt so good that I will always be chaseing that buzz. By the way do you send any tracking info and where might you be located or shipping from?
Malo Shatz,
Yes I will send you a tracking number. Kava will be sent off first thing on Tuesday morning as it is the Easter holiday and the postal offices are closed. Thanks for the order

grannybanger

Kava Curious
i really want to try this now... but of course it is sold out. how are things looking for your restock @Paulie-Paul ? i see you have a new kava in stock "FIJI Yaqona" how does this compare?

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
i really want to try this now... but of course it is sold out. how are things looking for your restock @Paulie-Paul ? i see you have a new kava in stock "FIJI Yaqona" how does this compare?
Working on getting some more Tongan which should arrive in a couple of weeks. I recommend the Vanuatu select for strength and the Fiji for a more balanced effect

grannybanger

Kava Curious
@Paulie-Paul hey dude, just a heads up. when i entered my email and clicked "subscribe" to be put on your mail list, i got a 404 page not found message. thought you might like to know that.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Just watched the review for the first time. Love the excessive lip smackin' by @Kavasseur after the first taste.

The high praise doesn't surprise me. There's some really amazing kava coming out of Tonga. Probably the best in the pacific. Unfortunately, even at the wholesale level, it costs as much as a brick of gold. Honestly, it's probably worth it though.