What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't know about the quality of that one, it's not a vendor I have heard of. The price seems ok if it is drinkable kava.

If it has kava on the label anywhere then it's highly likely to get seized but you never know, sometimes they slip through.

markosheehan

Kava Curious
I don't know about the quality of that one, it's not a vendor I have heard of. The price seems ok if it is drinkable kava.

If it has kava on the label anywhere then it's highly likely to get seized but you never know, sometimes they slip through.
I thought you said kava extremely rarely gets seized, no?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
If it has kava on the label it's more likely to get seized and the situation has changed now, more and more packages are being stopped. @markosheehan

Unda Kava

Forging a new future by preserving the past!
Kava Vendor
Poor Quality Kava. Makes my stomach queasy and effects or short-lasting. Also tried their tongan and fijian strains and they aint that good, but to each his own.

Unda Kava

Forging a new future by preserving the past!
Kava Vendor
Aloha Edward!
I sell and consume homegrown organic kava from our family farm in Tonga. The smoothest and cleanest kava youʻll probably taste with potent effects!
Kava price.
1/2 lb - $40
1 lb - $70
2lb - $120
Yes, I can ship to UK. A quote to Barking, UK ranges from $120 to $180 for 1lb mail from FEDEX. Whats your area code for a more accurate quote.
LMK.
Aloha

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Aloha Edward!
I sell and consume homegrown organic kava from our family farm in Tonga. The smoothest and cleanest kava youʻll probably taste with potent effects!
Kava price.
1/2 lb - $40
1 lb - $70
2lb - $120
Yes, I can ship to UK. A quote to Barking, UK ranges from $120 to $180 for 1lb mail from FEDEX. Whats your area code for a more accurate quote.
LMK.
Aloha
Ok, please quote me for two kilos to SE3 0LW. Thank you.

Poor Quality Kava. Makes my stomach queasy and effects or short-lasting. Also tried their tongan and fijian strains and they aint that good, but to each his own.
You are right... this kava is not good quality at all. Same effects for me. Stay away from this vendor.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yvs

Kava Curious
Just received an order from BKH through Stackry using Fedex.

Had a bit of a scare as the order was stuck in "Package available for clearance" for a few hours so I thought it was stopped by customs.
Surprisingly no import tax either even though I declared the real value.

Will try to order using myus.com next time as their shipping rates are half price of Stackry using Fedex as well.

Yvs

Kava Curious
Just wanted to share my latest painful experience shipping from US, hopefully it can help others.

I ordered 4 1lb bags of medium grind, 2 from Kalm with Kava and 2 from gourmethawaiiankava, shipped both packages to myus.com as their shipping rates are lower than Stackry.

MyUs required a copy of the original receipt to declare the package value so unlike Stackry, you cannot specify the value yourself.
Also they insisted on using the original declaration on the package which was Dietary supplement and won't allow me to change it to something else.

I decided not to take a chance and redirected both packages from MyUs to Stackry and labelled them as pet supplements.
Got a call from Fedex the day after asking what in the package as the declaration didn't provide enough details, they asked me to provide the list of ingredients in the pet supplements. In response I wrote them an email explaining that the pet supplements are for dog anxiety and it contains ground Piper methysticum root.

When the package arrived in the UK, I received a ridiculous payment request from Fedex, asking to pay over £100 to release the package from customs.
I called them discuss the fees but they said it's determined by HMRC and I should contact them directly if I don't agree with the amount. I didn't contact HMRC as I didn't want them to confiscate the package so unfortunately had to pay that outrageous fee.

The total cost of the entire operation was over £300! So not sure I will be buying Kava from US anytime soon, especially not with MyUS.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just wanted to share my latest painful experience shipping from US, hopefully it can help others.

I ordered 4 1lb bags of medium grind, 2 from Kalm with Kava and 2 from gourmethawaiiankava, shipped both packages to myus.com as their shipping rates are lower than Stackry.

MyUs required a copy of the original receipt to declare the package value so unlike Stackry, you cannot specify the value yourself.
Also they insisted on using the original declaration on the package which was Dietary supplement and won't allow me to change it to something else.

I decided not to take a chance and redirected both packages from MyUs to Stackry and labelled them as pet supplements.
Got a call from Fedex the day after asking what in the package as the declaration didn't provide enough details, they asked me to provide the list of ingredients in the pet supplements. In response I wrote them an email explaining that the pet supplements are for dog anxiety and it contains ground Piper methysticum root.

When the package arrived in the UK, I received a ridiculous payment request from Fedex, asking to pay over £100 to release the package from customs.
I called them discuss the fees but they said it's determined by HMRC and I should contact them directly if I don't agree with the amount. I didn't contact HMRC as I didn't want them to confiscate the package so unfortunately had to pay that outrageous fee.

The total cost of the entire operation was over £300! So not sure I will be buying Kava from US anytime soon, especially not with MyUS.
Sorry to hear about all of that. That's why my prices seem high. When you factor everything in it's actually quite reasonable!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
What are the regulations if you bring it in person? Like from trips to kava producing countries?
It's illegal to import it for human consumption no matter how you bring it in. Good luck with that conversation at customs on the way in!

FYS

Shell Shocked
When I was in the UK for Hotelympia in 2018 I didn't have any issues going through customs at LCY and had a lot of supplements/herbs and my RX meds. Granted I wasn't coming from a kava producing country, wasn't bringing a lot in, didn't have it labeled as kava, and had a lot of other things with me.

@Edward have things changed a lot since then?

I guess we'll see how I fair next week when I'm back in London.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
When I was in the UK for Hotelympia in 2018 I didn't have any issues going through customs at LCY and had a lot of supplements/herbs and my RX meds. Granted I wasn't coming from a kava producing country, wasn't bringing a lot in, didn't have it labeled as kava, and had a lot of other things with me.

@Edward have things changed a lot since then?

I guess we'll see how I fair next week when I'm back in London.
I take small amounts with me when I go in and out of the country on holiday and I've never been checked so all is fine but if you were bringing in a larger amount and you happened to get checked then they would probably confiscate it. Nothing has changed as such, it's the same law.

FYS

Shell Shocked
Thanks, bud. Yeah, it will just be a small amount. Hopefully it will be a smooth trip. Appreciate the insight.