What's new

Microdosing kava?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Microdosing alcohol has been researched but I did not read. Low doses of alcohol has been researched, it is also called "ballmer's peak".

I do not think anything about microdosing kava.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I've used a single wash with 10g of medium grind to get me immersed in whatever I needed to do without any significant effects or sedation. I would consider that a micro-dose I guess. It's pleasant enough, but what is the desired result for you?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I tried taking a pinch of micro before work but it ended up making me nervous because i was conscious of having taken the kava. I found it is more effective to drink a decent amount at night and let those anti-anxiety effects carry me thru the next day until i start up again the next afternoon.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Microdosing any substance implies you are consuming less than a standard serving. 1Tbsp, as well as 10 grams, is often a full portion for some.

a micro dose of kava would be more like a teaspoon or a gram or two.

I am sure placebo plays its role and also, this style of kava consumption has benefits. I have likely encountered this situation from brewing multiple washes more than once. Good question!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Another interesting angle i that I notice I do better with heady kava if I take a very small amount as a starter dose and then go back and drink a normal dose later. This makes it less likely for me to have an adverse effect like heady overload when I take the larger doses. It’s a similar approach to that of cannabis users who get anxiety from their use.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I'll routinely make my standard prep of 1/2 cup of Kava root to 3.5-4 cups of water and save it in the fridge. Then on nights where I've eaten a lot or I don't want to have a full session I'll have a single 1/2 cup shell. Gets you feeling something without going to town. I could see it also being helpful as a morning dose, but I only drink it at night.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I microdose it daily. I do it as a muscle relaxer. When I don’t do it, I can start having back cramps again. I noticed this when I started Kava and the cramps went away. Tried lower and lower doses to find the smallest amount. Ended up with yes about 1/10th teaspoon. I will do full kava session about once a week also. If I skip the micro dosing the weekend binge benefits go away in a few days. The micro keeps a bit in my system till next time.