What's new

Stone

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
You probably won't taste the full blegh-i-ness Stone has to offer 'til you start hittin the 6-8 Tbsp in 2 cups of water range. That's when the vision starts goin' :wacky: ...it sweeps you off your :barefoot: and puts your :asshat: in the ::couch:: with a :happy:.
Wait until you get to the one cup range with 7 to 8 tblsp; I just realized I've been doing that lately with my 1/2 cup 10 min 1/4 cup 10 min and final 1/4 cup 10 min with knead and strain (Malekula magic). :eek::wtf:
I guess ice helps a whole lot more than I originally thought. :LOL:
Don't worry I don't recommend anyone do this, it's just something I've been unconsciously doing with my kava since we all just chug grog anyways and I prefer to drink as little as possible every time I do. :rolleyes::whistle:
This's in two separate sessions though mind you.;)
I wonder how I strain it sometimes but if it ain't broke don't fix it! ;)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
That's a great idea, HeadHodge, because I definitely cannot quite put the experience into words the next day. Is it ok if I use my tablet? I mean like not a paper tablet, but my ASUS tablet. No one can actually read my writing anymore, since I've only used a pen/pencil for like a total of 10 minutes in the last 10 years.o_O
This is the tablet I use. No pencil needed.
stonetablet.jpg

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I have some stone too, here have a ton of it ::ricky:::smuggrin:
View attachment 1014
View attachment 1015
You live on Easter Island? For real? Can I trade you some of this stone for one of those Moais? I can just imagine how that would show up my neighbors. One of them will be like 'hey, did you see my new gazebo? And then I'll say, meh, yeah but look over there at my Moai! That'll teach em to shut up about their their stupid gazebo and coy pond.' :smuggrin:

Last edited:

Monkava'd

That thing is highly impressive looking. What is that, malachite?
This
Is what that tablet is; The Emerald Tablets of Hermes in one culture and Thoth in another.
Take this info with a grain of salt, I only posted the link to give you the name and some history on what they are. ;)(y)

Last edited:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
This
Is what that tablet is; The Emerald Tablets of Hermes in one culture and Thoth in another.
Take this info with a grain of salt, I only posted the link to give you the name and some history on what they are. ;)(y)
Does that thing actually exist in physical form in some museum or something, or is it just a legend?

Monkava'd

Does that thing actually exist in physical form in some museum or something, or is it just a legend?
As I said, take the text with a grain of salt; there are many misnomers about these tablets and I'm even unsure of whether or not the actual "emerald tablets" exist and there's all sorts of fanciful notions purported about these texts.
Here's a link that shows what *appears* to be the pieces of the book of thoth or something along the lines of that.
http://echoesofegypt.peabody.yale.edu/egyptosophy
I just thought the image I posted looked interesting was all. :D

Monkava'd

Well, it does, can you imagine taking the trash out and seeing that thing sticking out of the ground? Now, where's that Moai that I want to trade for?
Hahaha, that would be quite a day...but then I'd be paranoid looking over my shoulder all the time to see if there's any suspicious characters following me around :unsure:; wait I already do that with how crazy it's getting out there :ROFLMAO::wacky:.
About that Moai.....Tsa's got me tied by my britches and the islands been taken over by flash mob angry spirits so the eta is......oh i just remembered something important i've gotta go do so....yeah I gotta go..:ROFLMAO:::awesomesmiles::

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, everyone, it's Friday night and I am going for it. I'm kneading up 4 tbsp of Stone in 8 oz water. Just in case this finds me face down in the back yard, nitey nite ya'll. If not, I'll be back!

The color of this kava is different when kneading. It's like .... Rio Grande Mud, it's sort of like red clay... wow, my mouth is numb.

This Rio Grande Mud

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Ok, everyone, it's Friday night and I am going for it. I'm kneading up 4 tbsp of Stone in 8 oz water. Just in case this finds me face down in the back yard, nitey nite ya'll. If not, I'll be back!
Went through my stash bin, and found a whole bag of Stone. So I'm whipping up a batch to join you. See you soon ::couch::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I see your post was nearly 15 minutes ago. I'll assume you're sleeping well by now.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Went through my stash bin, and found a whole bag of Stone. So I'm whipping up a batch to join you. See you soon ::couch::
Righteous, HeadHodge. I really hope it's as good as the batch of Stone that I have. Also, please if you can, let me know how the Wow is.

My mouth is too numb after one shell, getting that minty like taste, ready for the next shell. Not sure why, but it's making me listen to... well I know people like music when enjoying kava, but for some reason, this came to mind:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm going to make batch of WOW too. But not to drink at the same time with Stone, probably tomorrow or Sunday.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I'm going to make batch of WOW too. But not to drink at the same time with Stone, probably tomorrow or Sunday.
Excellent. Let me know how your batch of Stone is also, mine is divine. Wifey and I have went off on a music marathon of reminiscing...

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
I only had the instant kava that the little Hawaiian restaurant by my house serves, some crappy root from a health food store, and Solomon's before Stone, but Stone actually made me start craving the taste of kava. I'm 100% sure it's related to the effects and not the taste, though.

Even smelling valerian, which I think has hints of kava aromas (probably because they're both roots), makes me hungry for kava.

And this is after Solomon's gave me a pretty strong taste aversion, too.