What's new

Nangol Noble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hello members. I hope everyone's weekend has started out well. We just received a fairly large shipment of kava from Vanuatu. Half of it is Nambawan, so those of you that have been waiting for that are in luck. The other half is a new kava blend made up of various noble varieties from various islands in Vanuatu. We made a batch of it at the kava bar last night and it was very well received by our lab rats. Of course, I, and my employees tried it first. It has a very fresh wheat grass like flavor, and goes down easily. The effects smack you in the noggin with an uplifiting euphoria and increased focus. After a couple hours the feeling sneaks away quietly, but leaves a residual contentedness. I drank quite a bit and had no noticeable residual effects this morning.

Normally, we would serve at the kava bar for a week or so, then if well received create labels and add it to the online selection. Due to this being from a trusted supplier who already sells us an amazing kava, I'm considering offering it up now as a special though, sold as "Nangol Noble" for a working title. No labels, no cool pictures or description on the site, and really only advertising it here. Priced in the low $30s per lb. What do you guys think? Just gauging interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adam

I'd have some of that, sounds pretty good. That's if youl sell it to uk customers? I need to order some more soon, got plenty at the minute but dues to shipping times I could be left without

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I'd have some of that, sounds pretty good. That's if youl sell it to uk customers? I need to order some more soon, got plenty at the minute but dues to shipping times I could be left without
We always sell to Brits, mate! Check back Monday. That's when it would go up most likely.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
$30 per lb. always garners interest from me, but I just spent my allotment for the month.
Nangol Noble is a good name, what name do they sell it to you as ?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
$30 per lb. always garners interest from me, but I just spent my allotment for the month.
Nangol Noble is a good name, what name do they sell it to you as ?
Kava Blend. Lol. They don't make retail names necessarily, and since it's multiple cultivars they can't use one cultivar name. November is right around the corner. We should have some left for next month's allotment.

A

Adam

How would you say it compares to fu'u and melo melo? As in to get the stuff down yer neck? IVe tried them both recently and found the fu'u really easy to drink and the melo melo for me personally was at the opposite end of the scale

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
How would you say it compares to fu'u and melo melo? As in to get the stuff down yer neck? IVe tried them both recently and found the fu'u really easy to drink and the melo melo for me personally was at the opposite end of the scale
It's pretty smooth as far as kava goes. If we're looking at a scale 1- mildest kava ever tasted, 10- can barely choke it down, I'd say it's a 4.

Also, the newest batch of Melo Melo is waaaaaayyyyy smoother, we've made some pretty big changes with regards to what and how we order, and it shows.

A

Adam

It's pretty smooth as far as kava goes. If we're looking at a scale 1- mildest kava ever tasted, 10- can barely choke it down, I'd say it's a 4.

Also, the newest batch of Melo Melo is waaaaaayyyyy smoother, we've made some pretty big changes with regards to what and how we order, and it shows.
Sounds like a champion kava, thanks for the reply.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Hello members. I hope everyone's weekend has started out well. We just received a fairly large shipment of kava from Vanuatu. Half of it is Nambawan, so those of you that have been waiting for that are in luck. The other half is a new kava blend made up of various noble varieties from various islands in Vanuatu. We made a batch of it at the kava bar last night and it was very well received by our lab rats. Of course, I, and my employees tried it first. It has a very fresh wheat grass like flavor, and goes down easily. The effects smack you in the noggin with an uplifiting euphoria and increased focus. After a couple hours the feeling sneaks away quietly, but leaves a residual contentedness. I drank quite a bit and had no noticeable residual effects this morning.

Normally, we would serve at the kava bar for a week or so, then if well received create labels and add it to the online selection. Due to this being from a trusted supplier who already sells us an amazing kava, I'm considering offering it up now as a special though, sold as "Nangol Noble" for a working title. No labels, no cool pictures or description on the site, and really only advertising it here. Priced in the low $30s per lb. What do you guys think? Just gauging interest.
Nangol Noble - I know you have been having all your varieties test now. Has this one already been tested as it has Noble actually in the name?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Nangol Noble - I know you have been having all your varieties test now. Has this one already been tested as it has Noble actually in the name?
A test was done at the Ministry of Trade lab in Vanuatu. It showed a low FK/KL ratio and was stamped "noble." It exhibits noble characteristics with regards to smell, taste, and effects, as reported by regular customers, employees, and myself.

"Nangol Noble" hasn't been decided on yet at this point. I just like the sound of it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
A test was done at the Ministry of Trade lab in Vanuatu. It showed a low FK/KL ratio and was stamped "noble." It exhibits noble characteristics with regards to smell, taste, and effects, as reported by regular customers, employees, and myself.

"Nangol Noble" hasn't been decided on yet at this point. I just like the sound of it.
Let me know when you decide the name for sure, and I'll add it to your list of products in the review form for BKH. (y)

ApéroNoble

Thanks

ApéroNoble

We've received the most recent batches of Borogu and Melo Melo. I cannot guarantee they are 100% these varieties because they have yet to be sent in for flavokavain and kavalactone testing. I was promised 100% noble, for what it's worth. We will be sending samples to Lebot's lab soon.

Also worth noting is that this shipment is a coarse grind. I just made a some kava with it, and it makes great grog. I've employed some guinea pigs at the kava bar for testing, and they've all liked it. We're hoping the next batch is somewhere between this consistency and the very fine one we had most recently.

In any case, enjoy, and let us know what you think.
are these good to go now as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.